DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Any Radio Repairers / Cheap Reapirers Around?

Posted by BlueMeanie-905026 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fish24 - 3 years ago

Sorry but have no idea about the 'copy' but will let you know if and when I get it in the inheritance!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by BlueMeanie-905026 - 3 years ago

Unfortunatley Bartyb's suggestion was a 200 mile round-trip so please, if you have a soloution, add to the forum.  A kitchen isn't a kitchen without a tranny to argue with!

Sorry no image available
Posted by BlueMeanie-905026 - 3 years ago

Wow!  I expected this post to just drift by without response.  Thank you everyone for replying.

Fish - I'm intrigued!  By copy do you mean a knock-off or a legit sold under licence?

Ferry - I'm afraid that's too far of a trek.  Thank you though.

Janet - If things clear up please keep me in my mind. That Siren eBay is calling. I found a lovely Tandberg but they wanted £40 for p&p!

Noblesse - Thanks for the suggestion.

George - Thanks for the offer but I think the postal costs makes this an uneconomical route.  Cheers though for the offer.

Barty - I'll rattle one off now.  Thanks.

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

Try Phil Haigh email: philip.haigh@orange.fr

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

I know a repairer in Allaire near Redon who would be very happy to repair your radio.  He is very skilled and amazingly cheap.  You could post it to me and I'll get it repaired for you.

Email me direct if I can help.

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 3 years ago

You might also post this question on this forum

http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

janet

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 3 years ago

I'm sure it's worth repairing.

If my OH wasn't working his way through a long list of repairs, etc., for me he'd love to have a go!

janet

Sorry no image available
Posted by ferryoften - 3 years ago

It is a pity that you are not nearer. I would have been very happy to look at your radio !

I used to repair such things for a living in my earlier days and still enjoy fixing a few items of similar nature. I wonder if there are many others of us out there to whom things like OC44, OC72, AF117 and 465 Khz and 10.7 Mhz IF transformers mean anything !

John      29250 Saint Pol de Leon

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fish24 - 3 years ago

Sorry I can't answer your question.

Lucky you - my very first radio was that and I know someone who has a 'copy' but she has promised to to me eventually!!