DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anyone else having problems getting back to UK

Posted by Diane65 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Linsolom - 3 years ago

It could be worse you know, the southwest, spare a thought for the poor Northeners.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Diane65 - 3 years ago

Got the PM thanks Carolsav, I will check it out.

Sorry no image available
Posted by alistair 17 - 3 years ago

The lady diane 65

Only asked a simple question.....

if anyone was having problems getting back to the uk using the ferries....

Why are some right know it all's on here giving her such a hard time.....

what a load of key board ponces.......

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolsav - 3 years ago

sent you a PM with details

Sorry no image available
Posted by Diane65 - 3 years ago

carolsav - train from Morlaix to St Pancreas, I had not thought of doing that route! Can you tell me where you booked it?

Thanks

Diane

Sorry no image available
Posted by Laura29 - 3 years ago

It may not be a problem to those who don't live in the far west of the UK but it certainly isn't practical for me to travel to St Malo/Portsmouth to get to west Cornwall. So yes, OP it is difficult. We had a  friend coming as a foot passenger on 3 Jan Ply/Ros but due to unforseen circumstances had to cancel that date. Now can't get here until late March. So yes a problem for some of us. Of course BF have to do what they have to do but OP wasn't critisizing just asking a question I would have thought. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolsav - 3 years ago

I have found it difficult with no flight either from Rennes so I am booked on train from Morlaix to St Pancreas returning a week later, I booked in advance and it is a very reasonable cost and unlike the weather with the ferries who can be cancelled I hope there will be no delays with having onward travel once in the UK.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

The bottom line is that all companies exist for one reason and one reason only-that is to make a profit for the owners and shareholders.They are not there to provide a service that does not make them money nor are they there to provide some sort of community based employment or travel method.The western channel in Jan and Feb can be a hell hole at the est of times.I understand a BF ferry struck the pier at Plymouth twice whilst trying to get in just before Xmas so that is more expense for BF.

And it is perfecly possible to get back to the UK using trains/planes/automobiles or a combination.For example I used to fly from Brest to the UK but now that service has stopped apart from the summer I get a train from Morlaix to Rennes then a bus to the airport.You just need to accept that the basis economic rules that capitalism operates under

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 3 years ago

Diane, such a mildly posed question can provoke, some and  such, 'sarky' replies, amazing, but we do see a lot of the same on here frequently, and I do sympathise with your travelling problems too, it,s a long trog to St Malo or Caen for some of us, I am lucky in S Morbihan, equidistant!. Kind Regards.

Sorry no image available
Posted by aramanta - 3 years ago

We are disappointed at the lack of ferries from Plymouth for such a protracted period. Yes, there's choice from other Uk ports but try getting from the South West to Portsmouth on a Friday night after work by 7 pm. I'm with you Diane - a few sailings during January and February would surely have been possible. Ah well, we can't be alone in deciding not to visit until March. Feel sorry for Roscoff businesses and gite owners in that part of Brittany.