DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Brignogan plages

Posted by Lennybertie - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

I totally agree with 'Watty'. We're close to Roscoff and have a microclimate that means it often rains in Morlaix or Brest but we don't get it here. Like Watty said, we do get the winds though (excellent for drying washing!)

We did a lovely walk around Brignognan Plages yesterday and thought it was beautiful. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Watty-794352 - 3 years ago

I would just like to add that, although Brest is only 30 mins away from Brignogan, the weather is quite different.  Many's the time that I've been to Brest where it has been raining, only to return home where it hasn't rained at all.  This was the case last year when, much to my annoyance   ...   after sowing grass seed   ...   I had to water my garden every evening for six weeks!

The wet weather from Brest usually moves in a north-easterly direction rather than northwards   ...   this little corner, therefore, remaining dry.

However, I must say that it is frequently very windy! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by ingetje - 3 years ago

well it is summer now after all, so much less rain then say October to April.

I did some more searches as it got my intrest and I looked for the most wet places in the whole of France. Surprisingly enough Biarritz is number one for the most rain in the whole of France! But Brest is second, I guess that says a lot. Now I understand why people always think that it always rains in Brittany....its not Brittany, its Brest!

Brittany is a big place and lot of difference between west, north and south.

Come for a long visit, maybe even in winter to see what you like, it is very nice here and winters are very mild but van be very wet depending where you are.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lennybertie - 3 years ago

Hi ingetje,  yes I have been checking last 12 months weather all over and we have been here before and forecast rain at it didn't. So l thought a good idea to ask people that live here. Many thanks for the link it's  the one l use. Elly

Sorry no image available

you can google for climat and rain, the area around Brest get the most rain, its a fact. if you dont like wet then dont go to Finisterre I would say :)

I have friends living around Morlaix and whenever I check the rain radar they et rain over there whil we are having none here in 56.

this is the link for the climat: http://www.meteofrance.com/climat/france/bretagne/regi53/normales

Sorry no image available

Hi brodeuse, thank you for joining in. It's  good about snow and frost but what about rain. What about rain? Best wishes Elly 

Sorry no image available
Posted by brodeuse - 3 years ago

We live not too far east from Brignogan, also on the coast, and much prefer the north coast to the south. It's more wild and with many fewer tourists even in the summer. Suits us very well but everyone has their likes and dislikes so it's never 'one size fits all'.

We have been here 8 years and one year had a sprinkling of snow which lasted about an hour on the ground. The pelargoniums are now in their 3rd or 4th year of flowering after having been left in the ground throughout the year. You will have no problems with snow or frost.

Sorry no image available

Of course Carnac is very busy with tourists in summer! one of the main attractions in Brittany.But there are also little villages in between that our not know for tourists :) 36 degrees is a bit much, we had some very hot days but that is not the standard, I wold say about 25 -26 degrees with a nice see breeze, just about perfect! Hope you will find your right spot :)

Sorry no image available

Hi injetji, thank you for your input, it is most helpful. We did cameret sur mer, right down to carnac and beyond. Although the weather is warmer and sunnier in consequence there are lots more people and traffic. I still found the heat too much 36° when we were there. Our aim is to be close to the sea. Best wishes, Elly

Sorry no image available

Brittany has a lot of coast line, the best is the south coast as you wil never get any snow or frost there and a lot less rain then the north west coast (finistere). Down south around Auray, Carnac, Vannes, the gulf etc is very beautiful and nice and sunny in summer and very mild and mostly sunny in winter. Finistere gets lots of rain and wind, so a lot wetter and colder then southern Brittany. But if you are up for it then go for it, its beautiful! but so is all of Brittany...I suggest you come visit and look at different places, north and south, good luck!