DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Brittany Ferries

Posted by Tongsaibay - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

The easiest way, which I have used on Firefox, IE and Chrome is to download and use CCleaner. Works a treat.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Driver54 - 3 years ago

Each browser has a different way to remove cookies so try doing a Google search for your particular one.

If you want a definition of what a cookie does (not the sort that taste nice and high in calories) hve a look here http://www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/about-cookies

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

I was going to ask the same questions.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Sorry if I sound thick ( I'm a senior!) but what does 'clearing all cookies' mean....and how do you do it??

Sorry no image available

Dave Fox you must be reading posts on here that I cannot see! No BF bashing whatsoever. The original poster was happy to save money compared with a previous trip. Anonymous and I just gave tips on how to get the best deal you can.

Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Fox - 3 years ago

Enough of BF knocking please. We have tried all the other alternatives to get to Brittany but BF knocks spots off them all. Went to America on Virgin, a class act.  BF are also class act and offer a really good service, we have a regular user card and think that the standard of service and price is excellent. Try flying on cheap airlines and you really have to have something to moan about!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Good to hear some people are learning how to play the game.  Clearing all cookies before visiting the BF site is just one way to save.  They seem to think that if you visit several times you must be out looking for alternative prices.  If you notice the prices are rising you will pay before they get any higher.  Also it is common knowledge that the further ahead you do the booking the cheaper the price.  During the last few weeks the price for the same crossing can double or more.  They must think we are desperate.

Sorry no image available

Tongsaibay, well done! Over the years we've found out that prices vary for unknown reasons. I found out that clearing out the BF cookie from my computer before doing subsequent checks is profitable. Don't know why but it works for me! I've forgotten the name of the practice which has always been used by airlines for booking. Something to do with how well sales are going. Not much selling, drop the price enough to get folk interested. Sales going well maintain or nudge your prices up slightly.

Dave