DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Brittany Ferries and help for the handicapped

Posted by apples-426462 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by apples-426462 - 3 years ago

my brother is actually coming out to stay with us ,the problem is my husband is also handicapped and really I cannot leave him for an overnight to be able to fetch my bruv. Although he is so weak he doesn't consider himself handicapped !! So in order to get him to come my sister ( who lives in Plymouth ) and I  have to be discreet in trying to get him to come out with not to much fuss for him .Its difficult and  treads a thin line .I thank everyone so far for their  suggestions especially,  Maiseydai which are very  much appreciated

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

As JB says, talk to the guys at I Need A Holiday Too .They have 6 fabulous flats for disabled holiday makers  in La Roche Derrien and what they don't know about disabled travel isn't worth knowing!

Sorry no image available
Posted by MaiseyDai - 3 years ago

Hi Ann - when you book the ticket make sure you tick the box that says he needs assistance, BF will then phone you or e mail in a few days to ask how much he needs. Alternatively you can phone them and book..My Dad too has terminal cancer and  hired a wheelchair from the UK as he is also too feeble to manage a long walk....when he arrived at plymouth he was taken in a Bf car to the lift, put on with staff to help and wheeled to his cabin ( I booked a wheelchair friendly one ) on the way back from Roscoff the same happened, he waited in the cabin and they came and got him, ...It was an amazing and stress free service and he felt like a VIP - Bf staff were very very helpful and he had a fab crossing so good that he emailed to say thankyou when he got back and is considering if his health is up to it coming again in a few months..and for me it was so nice seeing he being so well cared for , if he doesnt need a wheelchair they will also just do the taxi ervice to the boat and help him into the lift to cabin etc- book asap as they only have 12 places for extra care on each crossing...  and like to have 48 hours notice to check they have the staff. Have a lovely time together...xx

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaykay-10041854 - 3 years ago

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/disabled-passengers. Is it not possible for him to fly - my daughter has MS and always books special assistance with Ryanair or Easyjet and gets taken from the special assistance desk right on to the plane and off again at her destination 

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

I've only done this with a wheelchair passenger from my car inside the car deck-staff are always 100% helpful

Sounds as if you need assistance from the Ferry terminal at both ends and they advise this:

0871 244 0643, by email to customer.feedback@brittanyferries.com or via the online Live Chat service.

I've used 'online chat; a lot and find this very good for instant answers.

You might try that or the email service.It has to be sorted out 48 hours before departure.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JB2014 - 3 years ago

Speak to these people http://www.ineedaholidaytoo.com/