DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Brittany Ferries booking quirk depending on browser

Posted by helicopterrob - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busterboy - 3 years ago

Also worth ringing to see what they quote on the phone if you have a set date!

Sorry no image available
Posted by helicopterrob - 3 years ago

The point I was making is that apart form the fact that the " deal" is not so good in this instance compared to club voyage rates ( I have not found this to be the case in the long weekend deals plymouth to st malo, last year ) the fact that comparing exact like for like on two different browsers shows a significant saving so may just be worth the exercise. The suggestion that cookies may be influencing the search results  may be good in which case  perhaps not clearing them  is a better idea ??. Anyway booked at the best rate I could find , lets hope the house is still there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

In terms of this deal you will find it is specifically voyage dependent so for example available on a morning sailing not on an evening. I suspect it is all part of the BF yield management program as all carriers use to maximise revenues over the low periods. Just like Easyjet.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

Also, make sure you clear out all of your browser cookies...  BF is famous for using them to detect you are price surfing....

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Did you look at Brittany Ferries, FRANCE website? Sometimes it can work out cheaper (sometime not!). Worth a look next time.