DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Brittany Ferries cancellations

Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 4 years ago

I don't think last night's Portsmouth-Caen sailing was cancelled at the last minute.  We were on the Portsmouth/St Malo crossing and arrived at the port very early, around 5pm for the 8.30pm sailing.  We were told straight away that our sailing was to be delayed an hour, in order to take as many vehicles as possible arriving for the Caen sailing, which was cancelled due to industrial action at the port.  Perhaps they only informed people once the St Malo boat was full.  Not a lot else they could do. It's very unfortunate that over the past 3 weeks weather/strikes/maintenance have combined to create problems for BF.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dancingqueen-424771 - 4 years ago

I was due to travel Caen/Portsmouth last night.  Strike action caused the sailing to be cancelled at the very last minute.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 4 years ago

BF have contacted us to say their ship on the Le Havre route is out of use for a while due to stabiliser problems, so we have been rescheduled with the Caen crossing at the end of this month, and for our return to Portsmouth at the end of April.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crackpot - 4 years ago

I have now added Brittany ferries sailing updates to my computer bookmarks and am checking them daily, it appears that cancellations due to bad weather ( unavoidable ) plus many alterations to sailing schedules along with strike action at ferry ports is causing quite a few problems for many passengers. I am hoping that the company will sort themselves out quickly, in the past they have always been very reliable, maybe by taking over the LD lines ferry routes they have overstretched themselves.