DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Brittany Ferries industrial action Ports/Cherb 17/5 ?

Posted by Annabelle's Papa - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Annabelle's Papa - 3 years ago

Thanks Live&Love for the link, wow there is a lot of industrial action going on in France at the moment, reminds me of when I was a small boy in the late seventies growing up near the Longbridge car plant in Birmingham.

Sorry no image available

Thanks everyone !

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

This is the only site I know off but of course you do get the ones who don't add their info as well

http://www.cestlagreve.fr/recherche-greve/?lieu=46&secteur=0

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jivedance-411773 - 3 years ago

When you make a booking with BF they asked for a mobile phone number. They always send a text when there are problems with the sailing. Obviously if it is a sudden strike it can be difficult. They sent me a text when I was travelling up to Caen a few weeks back to say that I should go to Cherbourg as there was industrial action at Caen. Not much more they could do in the circumstances.

Unfortunately the French on BF do not plan these sudden strikes. There was a case a few weeks back when there was an argument between a loader and a lorry driver I believe. Half of the passengers were on board when the staff walked out. This is obviously difficult to legislate for. It can be very inconvenient I know.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for that but do you know if there is a French Government website or something similar where this information could be found, not for this situation but for the future.

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

All over with for now. They were on strike from last Wednesday finished in yesterday. You should be fine