DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

calais dover

Posted by grannydot-403561 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AliSteve-382459 - 3 years ago

Went out on August 8th and returned on the 15th without any problems at all.

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

Lover....you know I had worked that one out. Was just wondering what it was like now, before we decided on the route to take. As it happens this time it is slightly dearer to go from Caen when we allow for fuel, and tolls, so not worth the distance, so Caen it is.

desisions are usually made on cost.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lover - 3 years ago

If you are in anyway worried about the Calais/Dover crossing use a different route to eliminate your concerns, simples!

Sorry no image available
Posted by kenrose - 3 years ago

Have just arrived back in SE London via the tunnel.  No delays just load of holidaymakrs and those that went to the Belgian Grand Prix.  We never saw any immigrants or any police.

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

I am sure the port is running fine, it is just the approach I am a little worried about.  Still time to decide.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sempron - 3 years ago

On June 7th I travelled to UK via Calais. There was a problem AM because a WW2 bomb had been found near the road. Port was reopened PM. I drove pasta large encampment of illegals and road was lined with police & vans. Quarter of a mile down the road 3 men ran onto the road trying to stop cars. One threw a 2 metre section of crowd control barrier in front of my car. I swerved, drove straight at him but he was able to jump clear. No further incidents then or upon my return 10 days later.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buttermaker - 3 years ago

Nothing brave about it, it's running efficiently as normal.

Sorry no image available
Posted by martinbguk - 3 years ago

Came back to UK via the tunnel on 16th August. No problems or delays what so ever