DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Career change advice

Posted by Gingerpiglady - Created: 3 years ago
0 0

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Posted by Gingerpiglady - 3 years ago

Thank you TerryR......  a very good and valid point and I will seriously consider what you've said.... I probably could do that, I've just lost a bit of confidence in myself I think lol

Thank you for explaining translation is written and interpreting is spoken :-) lol

Sorry no image available
Posted by TerryR-385906 - 3 years ago

I wouldn't be too quick to discount translating. Professional translators only generally translate into their native language so your English skills are more important than your French skills. Obviously, you have to be able to understand the French but it's the ability to render that into understandable English that is important.

BTW, translation is written, interpreting is spoken :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

Why not apply for work in the hospitals/BF etc for whatever is vacant rather than as a interpreter!

Posted by Gingerpiglady - 3 years ago

Hi there, thank you for replying :-)

I looked into this but I can't afford it and I also need to work to support my family while looking for work.  The CAP that I did was funded by Greta (and I got paid for doing it too) which was a great help otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Thank you though :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sam Suffy - 3 years ago

Hi,

Why not try to qualify with a TEFL course and teach English. There is a good demand for this, if you know where to look.

Good luck.