DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

CDiscount Experience?

Posted by HarleyRider58 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Cd discount is a market place owned by the same group that own geant ,it used to be their internet electrical and household goods arm ,it has now moved on a bit like Amazon or price minister,I used to buy through cdiscount but now prefer electro depot where you can see what you are buying and you are only dealing with one company.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Another idea!  Change your phone number in your account details - make one up!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

Thanks Everyone!  Very much appreciated, and great information.

IguanaRock, I confirmed that all three were unchecked; yet still getting calls....  I think this is 8 now.  Oh well; lessons learnt.   Will still shop with them tho.

Many thanks!

Sorry no image available

Just a thought 'Harley Rider 58'......

If you go into your CDisocunt account, look down the left-hand side of the screen and click on 'MES NEWSLETTERS'. Make sure the 3 options are all unchecked, that way they should not contact you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Undercover Reporter - 3 years ago

Speak as i find and have bought many things from them, large and small, never had an issue. Always excellent service, delivery info via e-mail.  It's you who chooses the mode of delivery and the location it's delivered to.

Never had any issue with insurance and have fond the after service top notch.

As for calls, never had an issue.

Sorry no image available

We have used them a lot and have never had any problems at all. In fact we have always been pleased with the prices in particular but also the items have always arrived when they said they would. As for Extended Warranty, I can't comment as I have never taken it out (in the UK either) and never would as it is a complete waste of money. It's just a way of getting extra cash out of you and often isn't worth the paper it's written on.(here, they would still return the item and you would have to wait for a repair - so you would be without the item whilst they did this. And that is utterly useless!).

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

"Regarding extended warranties in France, I'm not sure yet.  it has always been our experience that never take out the extended warranties on any item (UK experiience) because the warranties are not worth the paper they're printed on (or electronically).   Is it the same here?"

Spot on, bro.  Save your money.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karen-381938 - 3 years ago

Have bought a lot from CD discount and never had any problems with being pestered to take out extended warranties.

Like you we never usually take out extended warranties. Having said that , we did buy one with our cooker from Boulanger because we have had 2 different cookers since we've been here and thought we'd be on the safe side. As it happened, we had yet another problem with the new cooker we bought, just out of the standard 2 year guarantee and into the extended warranty period. The guy from SAV came out but it couldn't be fixed. Within a week we had recieved a letter from Boulanger to say that we were to present ourselves to our nearest store to choose a new cooker!

It was delivered within a couple of days and more to the point, the period of the extended guarantee started again!

Have been very impressed with the service we've had from Boulanger

Karen

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

We used CDiscount quite recently to buy new mattresses for our spare single beds. They would only deliver them to a collection point, 8 a huit shop about 15 minutes away. The service was good, as was the price, with email updates on expected delivery time etc. Perhaps because  they were not electrical items, there wasno aftersales pressure for warranty, we just get email sales stuff every day. I do find the general lack of home delivery in France a bit of a pain - and see why so many people have trailers. 

I have also used Darty, who include home delivery, but their prices are a tad higher, unless their special offers are what you need, which can then be well priced. Did not get any pressure from Darty at all for extended warranties. I, too, avoid such warranties, which can be expensive and worthless from what I have heard.