DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

cheap flights

Posted by dirkman - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 3 years ago

My husband is going to north of England from Brittany, getting the train from Quimper to Nantes ( 36 euros return first class), then from Nantes to manchester  return - 180 euros with luggage.

Sorry no image available
Posted by berny-382476 - 3 years ago

I had to get to the north west of England, no direct flights from Brittany.

So I got a Condor ferry from St Malo to Jersey and then flew Easijet from there to Liverpool.

Fantastic, times were perfect, no hanging about, and very impressed with the price compared to going as a foot passenger with Brit ferries and then by train.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karen-381938 - 3 years ago

I think what a lot of people haven't realised is that although the routes mentioned do operate, many of them ,particularly the Flybe routes, only operate in the summer. Many of the Flybe routes only operated this summer for the period of the UK school summer holidays, eg my aunt came over on 19th July,(Exeter-Rennes). That was the first flight of the season on that route and it finished at the end of August. In past years she has come early June on the same route.

Flybe are in trouble, they are closing their Exeter call centre and you have to wonder if the continual shortening of the season for their routes is a precursor to them stopping altogether. Hopefully not!

Karen

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl-10045474 - 3 years ago

Keep your hair on, I have apologised.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

Go to the website and check your facts. Flybe fly to Southend! Actually it is Stobart Air flying Flybe as a franchise.

Sorry no image available

Apologies, found it under London Southend.

Sorry no image available
Posted by oakley-419073 - 3 years ago

I flew from Rennes to Southend ony last week and planning to come back that way too.  Try searching for London Southend then you might find the flights.  The planes are Flybe and it is run by Stobart Air (the ones with the lorries)

As regards transport from Southend - very good.  The train station is only the other side of the road to the airport and very regular trains into London. From there it's easy to find a train northbound.

Sorry no image available

Just been onto the Flybe site and Southend is not listed as a destination from Rennes.  It's also not listed in the A-Z of their destinations from anywhere (summer flights only maybe).

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

No Flybe do go to Southend I have done it and there are flights on the flybe website now as the OP could have found for themselves quite easily

Sorry no image available
Posted by pilot-425170 - 3 years ago

Dibbyspot.  Just to be clear flybe go Rennes to Southampton, not Southend. You can then go Southampton to Manchester, but as other posters have mentioned it's not cheap.  Good luck