DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Clevacances

Posted by stogang - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stogang - 3 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Appreciated, will look at the site and see what it says.

Paul

Sorry no image available
Posted by batlands - 3 years ago

Hello Paul,

as Breeze has said, have a look at various Clévacances web pages.   This one, for example: http://www.clevacances.com/fr/label-clevacances   It'll give you some ideas for further research.

We are with Clévacances and have confidence in them.   They apply a quality control that customers can trust.  There is a national organisation, and there are departmental Clévacances associations that run things locally. There have been changes over the last few years, and in the Côtes d'Armor for example, things are moving in the right direction.   The group is dynamic and keen to improve.   The website is now much more user friendly, though the association maintains that the site exists more for information purposes than for publicity, & that's why it doesn't get to the top in google searches.

Suzanne

Sorry no image available
Posted by Breeze-906262 - 3 years ago

Why not look at their advertising. They have codes for what you get when staying somewhere and that's linked to the rating you get. I know there are some minimum things, double beds should be accessible from both sides and should have a bedside table and lamp each side. Each room should have a mirror. There should be a means of locking the door from the inside. I don't know what the ruling is these days about en suites. You must have smoke detectors, windows big enough to get out of (or two exits from the room). There are also rules that kick in dependant on the number of bedrooms and how many floors the house has. Their web site may offer a section for owners that gives more info. If you set your computer to automatically translate then you shouldn't have a problem getting to grips with it. I hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

I don't have any first-hand knowledge but virtually all the holiday gites in our area seem to use them (Roscoff area). This area gets mainly Belgian, Dutch, German and French visitors though, very few Brits.

Not sure if that's really any help to you!