DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Coastal place to visit/stay

Posted by No longer Online - Created: 3 years ago
0 0

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by DN-434538 - 3 years ago

Obviously depends on what you like.

However if you like visiting venerable old well preserved towns, both Fougeres and Vitré are on an obvious route from Normandy to La Rochelle and well worth a visit.

In fact there are many  attractive fortified towns on the border between France and Brittany.

Sorry no image available
Posted by walnut72 - 3 years ago

arradon and surrounding area is lovely in S Morbihan

Sorry no image available
Posted by Balli - 3 years ago

Roscoff / Ile de Batz - but I'm biased as I live there!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Renard35 - 3 years ago

The Gulf of Morbian is beautiful..........have visited Ile aux moines pretty little island........................along with many other places :)

NB if you get to la Rochelle you really must visit Ile de Ré

Sorry no image available
Posted by miggins1812-433855 - 3 years ago

Hi - I'm totally biased as I live here but I can throughougly recommend Finistere! You've got the most westerly point in France, lots of amazing coastal scenery, follow the coastal path, take in the islands and lighthouses, the pretty harbours etc  - really depends what you are into.  Have a look at www.escapetofinistere.com there are ideas of places to visit and places to stay,  

Hope this helps!

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Sorry I was not very clear....I know La Rochelle isn't in Brittany but as I have heard lovely things about it, I wondered if there was anywhere slightly further north IN BRITTANY that may be just as pretty.

We will be driving from the Domfront area in Normandy but only have a couple of days free....without the dogs....so would like to head off somewhere new....

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LRV24 - 3 years ago

La Rochelle is lovely but it's in the Poitou Charente not Brittany.