DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cruelty free productS

Posted by Sunny512 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sunny512 - 3 years ago

Bretonne: I am really glad you mentioned l'arbre vert as I just came back from shopping and bought a huge laundry detergent pouch made by them :).

Emu: yes there are laws against testing in Europe but the big companies especially cosmetic companies are comissioning testing in countries outside the European Union such as China but I am happy to say that more and more companies are starting to ban testing for cosmetic purposes such as India, Brazil, Israel, New Zeland etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by glamourpuss85 - 3 years ago

Unfortunately Emu, although finished cosmetic products are not allowed to be tested on animals throughout the EU, ingredients of products still may be tested on animals under a chemical investigation act loophole, especially if the workforce will come into prolonged contact with the said ingredients. The UK hasn't tested household products on animals since 2010, but again, chemical ingredients can be tested if feared to pose a threat to the workforce or meeting certain other conditions. This household product testing ban is not EU wide. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 3 years ago

I thought laws had been passed in the Uk and the EU such that all product testing on amimals is banned.  If this is the case can we not buy any product and know it has not been tested on animals.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

L'Arbre Vert products (washing up liquid, household cleaners, laundry products, etc.) are not tested on animals and do not contain animal products.  They are free from known allergens. 

You can find them in most of the large supermarkets and in the bio shops.

http://www.arbrevert.fr/

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sunny512 - 3 years ago

Many thanks everyone who replied. you have been very helpful. In response to Emu: in the UK I normally search for the "bunny" logo to indicate the prodcut is cruelty free and the choice in the UK is huge from the co op, Waitrose, sainsbutrys plus many on line companies  but I am not sure how they are in France. 

I actually have a guide which tells me which products are ok in the UK.

thanks everyone again :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by glamourpuss85 - 3 years ago

As paars says, the Bio shops are your best bet. The organisation Bio Coop is probably the best known, you can find your nearest shop here: http://www.biocoop.fr/magasins-bio/Trouver-mon-magasin-Biocoop. They have a great range of food, drink, household and personal and wellbeing products including Ecover.

Sorry no image available
Posted by paars - 3 years ago

The bio shops sell ecover and other such cleaning products, as well as organic food, cruelty free cosmetics and fluoride free toothpaste

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 3 years ago

I have never heard of this for household products.  Which products do you buy in the UK and how are products marked to indicate they are cruelty free?