DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Day and Evening classes for learning to speak French

Posted by kellyorchard - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

If you are of an age you expect to work , I assume you are elligible  to  register for employment and then attend the language classes. Sadly for me , being over 65 I would have to pay to attend the classes . The classes are a mix of ages and nationalities from what I know .

Sorry no image available
Posted by all4one-10057182 - 3 years ago

I am sure it is not a question of age - more able to work or registered as seeking employment.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kellyorchard - 3 years ago

Do you mind me asking what age bracket you would need to be in to get the classes free?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

If you are registered with Pole Emploi , you can have free french language classes on Friday mornings 9 - 12 with GRETA training in Pontivy . My wife goes every week , sadly, by reason of age i cannot register for emplyment , hence would need to pay for myself to attend. 

Sorry no image available

Thanks Rachel.  I will do.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lamb chop - 3 years ago

Hi Kelly, it's Rachel ;-)
Chez Nous is the restaurant by the church in the centre of Lignol, you can't miss it...
Probably best if you ring Annie the owner there just to check when it's on next.

Hope you can come on tues eve to our group.

Sorry no image available

Hi Annie

i am really hoping to go to the next group on the 10th.  I've tried looking up the link for Chez Nous Lingol on Facebook but nothing comes up.  I can't make today as sorting school stuff out for my son today.  Can you add me on the group possibly?  And I can ask them for the address to hopefully go next week.  This is exciting stuff, I'm looking forward to meeting new people.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lamb chop - 3 years ago

Hi Kelly

Don't forget our fortnightly french evening conversation group in Persquen :-) The next on is tues 10th.

I have also just seen chez nous in Lignol are starting a group on thurs afternoons, starting today;

https://www.facebook.com/cheznouslignol/?fref=ts

There is an opportunity to practice your french today at Chez Nous whatever your level. Come and chat, play games, understand a bit of grammar and gain in confidence. Every Thursday 2.30 pm. Give me a ring for more details on 0297271735. Annie

Sorry no image available
Posted by all4one-10057182 - 3 years ago

If you are actively looking for work and registered with the Pole d'Emploi they can (used to anyway) arrange French lessons FREE. I attended several courses to improve my French whilst registered unemployed.

Best tip to improve language skills is to join a few local societies/groups, I never found any barriers or discrimination and was always made to feel welcome.

Avoid just seeking out English speaking people busineses !

Sorry no image available

Hi 

is it possible for me to join these lessons?  My email address is kellyorchard@sky.com.  I live in Le Resto, 56310, near Le Sourn and Pontivy.