DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Eclipse

Posted by Tryval - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dabbityduck-384379 - 3 years ago

Yes - I managed to watch the eclipse using a collander. The only trouble was that it strained my eyes!

Sorry no image available
Posted by chillipepper-883242 - 3 years ago

We were lucky enough to see it from the oservatory at Severac, kindly arranged by the astronomy club from St-Meen-le-Grand.

It was cloudy  but every now and then the cloud cleared a little and we were able to see the eclipse at  its various stages. We managed to take quite a few photos. There were a lot people there with telescopes, and also the children from the nearby school, all with ther special glasses. It was lovely to hear and see  their delight when the clouds broke and they got glimpses of the sun.

Afterwards we were able to go into the observatory and look at the telescope.

All-in-all we had a very enjoyable and memorable eclipse morning.

Chilli

Sorry no image available
Posted by BlindOrange - 3 years ago

From just south of Dinan, the eclipse was total, it started earlier than they said, 9:00 when I looked out the window, and lasted until well after 5:00 in the evening.

I had never seen one before, and it wasn't anything like what I expected, and I don't think they are that rare around here?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Was picking OH up from Dinard airport just about at the time of the eclipse - 10/10 cloud cover, it just went dark - washout.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ohhhhthatswhereiputit - 3 years ago

Saw it in Chateauneuf Du Faou, just, clouds parted just at the right moment, and I got a photo. It was amazing watching it through whispy clouds as we could look directly at the sun without burning our eyeballs out.

Sorry no image available
Posted by phlophf-409902 - 3 years ago

D'you think Mr O'Leary charged extra for this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3003759/Millions-preparing-time-watch-eclipse-disruption-country-Britons-set-eclipse-century.html

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

We were on the N12 near Brest, it went very grey, like dusk. The dank, dark clouds have lingered all day.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

Quimper it was according to my son. But on the le telegramme page there are lots of photos and where they were taken. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 3 years ago

Well that was sadly 'a damp squib' here, St Jacut les Pins 56, was it visible anywhere in Brittany?

Just made a damp day a bit more dismal here for an hour!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 3 years ago

Witnessed my last solar eclipse in the British Virgin Islands from my boat, a precious memory!