DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Finding Holiday Accomodation.

Posted by rosée - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosée - 3 years ago

We are grateful  to all who have replied both on this thread and directly to me by email.   You have given me a lot to think about and quite a few tips as to where to look.   Some of you  have made personal offers but I cannot see us taking any of them up. Very many thanks for those, especially the offer from Anne and her mini goat farm at Allaire.  A delightful thought but I cannot see my wobbly knees coping with five goats :-)

Thank you all once again.

David.

Sorry no image available
Posted by aramanta - 3 years ago

We let a house in Plougasnou but don't take dogs. There are however plent of other properties in the village that do and we can highly recommend the village and area for holidays with dogs, fantastic walks and the village is both dogfriendly and has loads to offer - bar, restaurant, boulangeries etc all in village centre. Check out Le Bon Coin  

Just an idea if you are uk resident - try  to catch the Brittany Ferries discounts - 20/25% off fares and rentals can be really worth while if you are likely to travel the Western ferry routes. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Look at VENTE PRIVEE, it's brilliant. In fact I booked a week in the Vendee in June just this morning. They've got some great deals.

Sorry no image available
Posted by 001sugarplum - 3 years ago

This is a great way to find a decent spot -

copy and paste this link

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/camping+finistere/@47.9832851,-3.9967184,355161m/data=!3m1!1e3

then pan in to a specific area, loads and loads to go at here. Most campings seem to have dual language staff nowadays.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosieholt - 3 years ago

Bonjour d'Angleterre,

It's worth trying the airbnb website. By typing in the name of a  coastal town, you might find  a whole house /flat to rent at a reasonable price .

Continue to enjoy your adventures !

Sorry no image available
Posted by JLJ-429896 - 3 years ago

Le Boncoin is often very reasonably priced as are mobile homes on municipal campsites. Erquy, Rue St Michel is my current favourite. You won't be able to bok until 1st March.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonlion - 3 years ago

Hi,

Have a look at the English owned Loyat Campsite near Ploermel ..

Great place to stop and see Southern Morbihan ..

Rgds

Chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by Heavitree-431035 - 3 years ago

Google St.Samson Neulliac .You may find something that suits you there.

Sorry no image available

Thank you for the information swalsey but that looks a bit too isolated for us.  We like to be a bit nearer the sea and somewhere we can drop in for a coffee most mornings.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for that bunnyrocks I will check it out tomorrow.