DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

French conversation

Posted by sazzle-10036124 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Patsy Dior-408993 - 3 years ago

isabellemariau@gmail.com

Contact Isabelle, she runs conversational classes and also more formal classes during term time.  She is an excellent teacher.  For the conversational classes maximum of 5 so you all get individual attention.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Patsy Dior-408993 - 3 years ago

isabellemariau@gmail.com

Contact Isabelle, she runs conversational classes and also more formal classes during term time.  She is an excellent teacher.  For the conversational classes maximum of 5 so you all get individual attention.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kenova - 3 years ago

that sunds awesome and it's not too far away from our place! unfortunately I'm working on fridays, but hopefully I can convince my companion to give it a go! I'm subscribing to the group!

Sorry no image available
Posted by nanetteeh - 3 years ago

Hi.

I just want to mention the conversation group will not be meeting at Cine Roche on Friday 4th Sept. as we have an outing.

Nanette

Sorry no image available
Posted by nanetteeh - 3 years ago

Hi.

We belong to a Anglo French intergration group that meet at the Cine Roche in Guemene every Friday Afternoon at 2pm.

Apart from being a super group of people, both English and French, we have two groups on the go so you should be able to fit into one or the other.

Why not give it a try. The first few visits are free, then it is only 7 euro to join and 1 eruo a visit to cover tea/coffee and biscuits.

It would work very well along side more structured lessons as well.

Hope to see you there soon.

Nanette

Sorry no image available
Posted by sazzle-10036124 - 3 years ago

Awesome!!  Keep me in the loop please:)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lamb chop - 3 years ago

sazzle, It's me organising it ;-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sazzle-10036124 - 3 years ago

This is all sounding really positive and I hope something constructive (and fun of course!) comes out of it.  Who's going to be the one to get it organised?  Possibly not me as I'm on the end of Kanga Drill at the mo!  Brain cells pretty stultified as a result but would love, love, love to be involved.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by lamb chop - 3 years ago

HI Kenova

I'm not sure if we will be too far for you, but I am getting together a French/English conversation group near Guemene sur scorff soon.
It will be both nationalities hopefully, and will not be based on lessons a such, just having fun learning each other's language! :-) 

Have a look at the facebook group and feel free to join.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1456104468050952/

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kenova - 3 years ago

Well, I am French myself and living with an English giant whose French could use some improvment (my fault, we speak english at home... my English has improved drastically, mind you)

I'm also a school librarian in Chateauneuf du Faou, and some of my colleague teachers (English teachers and an history teacher who just got an English teaching acreditation) would love to have some speaking practice with English people sometimes!

I suggested before the holidays that we could try and set some teatime rendez vous somewhere with willing English living in central Brittany (if that doesn't work, skip to plan B and kidnap some), maybe we could kill two birds with one stone? 

My boyfriend pointed out that two sets of people wanting to speak the other group's language might not end up being very practical, but eh, maybe we could find a way! 

Anyway, school is starting again in September, so if anyone is interested... !