DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

get the ball rolling

Posted by stevietee - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jack1-977774 - 3 years ago

Here's mine to end with then: was promised a gift so big that it wouldn't fit through the letterbox. After weeks of anticipation it turned up.     A wheely bin.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stevietee - 3 years ago

i would like to thank all of you that took part in this discussion,i hope you have enjoyed it as much as me,so its on to a new topic me thinks

Sorry no image available
Posted by chris1-400976 - 3 years ago

My ex boyfriend bought me a robotic Hoover, he got it back when we finished, it kept starting in the middle of the night, so woken up to wrrrrrrr bang, wrrrrrr bang .

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

Gave my wife a pair of boots for Xmas and a pair of shears for her birthday.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Annabelle's Papa - 3 years ago

We had an eccentric Aunt when I was growing up, when I was ten I had a wrapped up bottle of bleach, wrong on so many levels, my older sister got a wrapped box of sanitary towels........................

Sorry no image available

oh come on,how many can you chat to that were given a big tin of cuprinol fence paint,i bet none,so therefore he was thinking about you by giving something different,and its the thought that counts ,not the present,but not in the case of the iron and board,he had his head screwed on

Sorry no image available
Posted by muddypaws,dirtyfloors - 3 years ago

the first present i was ever given by my then boyfriend was 10 litres of fence paint ( i had 3 fence panels the rest was walled) ?

this was followed  (the first christmas that we had been married) by a dustbuster. never in my life have i indicated it would be a good present. to b fair he is better now i get a list of what i would like with photos and he chooses.

when he started work for the civil service he bought me and iron and an ironing board so i could iron his shirts.

i'd like to say he really is very kind just doesn't sound it with presents 

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

Some of the supermarkets have them usually near the veg, where they have knives and gadget implements with a handle like what they are supposed to be for, carrot peeler with carrot handle, Nutella knife with a brown handle with aunt on it, that type of thing. Mine is shaped like a mushroom. 

Sorry no image available

mushroom brush ,thats on my list, the thing is are they hard to come by, on the sweets,i went to this sweet shop in bournemouth that sells all the old one,s from when we were kids,coltsfoot rock,sweet tobacco,sweet cigarettes and all the other favorites,but you still cant beat the whip,have i put that right

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

Christmas presents, such a delight for my family... We see who can get the most " rubbish " thing for our stockings. I have bought a box of 12 5 inch candles in the most horrible colours for my daughter. she bought what she thought was the most useless thing one year... A mushroom brush for cleaning mushrooms, use it often. Oh and Steveitee I get a box of 3 walnut whips every year, because when I left school 55 yrs ago I didn't know what I wanted to do, and a friend of my mums suggested I put the nut on walnut whips,and the joke still goes on. We have ad everything from worst soap you can find, to the most useless things on this earth.  Great fun at Christmas.