DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

get the ball rolling

Posted by stevietee - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 20)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stevietee - 4 years ago

love the repllies,but cant stop laughing over the brush and shovel,the last time i laught this much was when i did hospital radio,i was asked to play anything for a guy on male surgical,so played pp arnolds the first cut is the deepest,it was only when his wife put in formal complaint that he was in for a circumcision,

Sorry no image available
Posted by phlophf-409902 - 4 years ago

When i was a small child i wanted to get something for my mothers birthday from me. My Dad gave me money and i went across to the shops opposite by myself to get somethin. I suppose my father imagined i would come back with chocolates or similar, but was a bit surprised when i came back with something every mother needed - a brush and shovel, for cleaning  the fire.

She seemed to be delighted!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tilla - 4 years ago

When I left my husband, on good terms, he presented me with a tool box with all the basics in it - hammer, screw drivers, pincers - very useful but pretty unusual!

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 4 years ago

Perhaps the bicarb was to settle your stomach after all the rich Christmas food?

I had a knitting machine for one christmas - not odd you say, but I hadn't said I'd like one - my husband at the time thought it would be a good way of saving money -  me making jumpers for the children!

Sorry no image available
Posted by carmike-415981 - 4 years ago

I told my husband i wanted a wooden toilet seat .Wrapped under the christmas tree that year

was a seat .Needless to say i made him wear it all day .

Sorry no image available

oh chris 1 thats got me taste buds going,have,nt had one of them in years,put on my list next time im in  the uk,plus me maynards wine gums ,sherbert dips and those coconut mushrooms

Sorry no image available
Posted by chris1-400976 - 4 years ago

So was I it was all wrapped up in Christmas paper that and a box of three walnut whips, I'm allergic to nuts all from my mother :)

Sorry no image available

there got to be more out there,but thankyou those that have posted,still pondering about the soda,you see you can sometimes have good posts without back biting

Sorry no image available
Posted by chris1-400976 - 4 years ago

I got a box of bicarbonate of soda for Christmas one year.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 4 years ago

My Gran once bought one of her son-in-law's a tub of Brylcreem. An 'unusual' gift even for the1980s. But the rest of us family members considered it to be hilarious as he was bald!