DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Kindle

Posted by Nightsky-402638 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nightsky-402638 - 3 years ago

Thanks everyone.  I'm going to bite the bullet, order it and enjoy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

You can also download Kindle for your PC/Laptop/Tablet-link here for PC.

When you buy your 'e book' it gives you the added options to download for your other devices. So the Kindle download is automatic and then you can instantly download to the other devices in one click.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201245960

Seeing the books you're reading or have read is then 'visually' easier on your PC/laptop/tablet because when you click on the Kindle icon it will display the books as 'front covers'. (I only bought a basic Kindle so newer versions might be more visual)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

P.S. Hubby just found this link:

https://www.winstream.com/support/how-do-I-setup-my-wireless-connection-on-my-kindle-/

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

I bought mine in the UK just before we left to come here to live. I registered it with my UK email address. So, now when I buy books for it I have to use that old email address to sign in to my Amazon UK account.

The bit I don't know how to do (I'm a technophobe too!) but I'm sure the 'tekkies' out there will explain is that you have to connect it to your own wifi here to able to download your books purchased. Once that connection is done it's a doddle!

Although I like the feel of a 'proper' book I would thoroughly recommend buying a Kindle as the postage to here would be really expensive for paperbacks or hardbacks. The downside for me, and this might sound silly, is that I'm never sure of what book I am reading or have read as there isn't a visible 'cover' as a reference for me. I have heard other people say the same though!

Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernowboy-10061199 - 3 years ago

You can use it where you like.  You can access Amazon UK (to buy books for your Kindle) anywhere in the world.  If you have an Amazon UK account register it to that account, not strictly necessary but it is straight forward and that's what you are asking for, simple, easy "how to".  Instructions on how to register it are on the device when you get it, it might already be registered to your Amazon UK account when it arrives.  If you don't have an Amazon account, go to Amazon UK and open one.

You can of course, as people will come out of the wood work and start telling you,  register, it to Amazon France and buy books from there and yes it is simple, but  that was not what you asked, 

Buy you Kindle and enjoy it!  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Init - 3 years ago

Hi Nightsky,

double check the prices, I bought for xmas the latest Kindle with wifi and enhanced screen, £109.99 in uk €99.00 Amzon.fr (about £70).    Init

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sparks70 - 3 years ago

Should have said that I was in France when I registered mine.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sparks70 - 3 years ago

I have used my Kindle (bought in UK)  all over Europe & as far afield as New Zealand with various stops on the way so no problems there. If you have it delivered to your sister in UK use the delivery address when registering which is very easy following the instructions on the Kindle. The only problem may be if you do not have a UK bank account or Credit Card - I am not sure if using a French a/c with a UK address would be accepted. I am sure someone on this forum will know though.