DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Kindle E reader

Posted by Init - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ozzy Mandias - 3 years ago

When you order it, there will be a box asking if it's a 'cadeau'. If you answer 'Yes' it will be delivered unregistered saving you the hassle of deregistering from the French site and you can register to your UK Amazon account.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Init - 3 years ago

Thanks everybody, got it..  Init

Sorry no image available
Posted by janes-394036 - 3 years ago

Just to reiterate what evrybody else has said. You can buy a kindle in France and register it to the UK site

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernowboy-10061199 - 3 years ago

and just make sure that the card you use to pay with is registered with both accounts.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sam Suffy - 3 years ago

You can get books from all Amazon sites, .co.uk  .com & .fr. I have two Kindles. One bought by Amazon.co.uk and the other through .fr. Just register it on the .co.uk site when you get it. No problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernowboy-10061199 - 3 years ago

I bought my Kindle from Amazon France, though I have a UK account,  and I buy books from both Amazon France & Amazon Uk without problem.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hilbillie - 3 years ago

No unfortunately you can't buy from Amazon.co.uk, you have to buy from Amazon.fr from the English books section.  There are plenty though.  I think Amazon is the only place with this restriction though, ie you can purchase and download from other UK book sites.