DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ladies alone or widowed

Posted by Cloudgreyandblue - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by abi1-435781 - 3 years ago

i will be more than happy to invite you all just name the day and the time and we can all meet up and lets make the new year and good and new beginning.

im over 40 live in quimperle and love to meet some one so if you are up to it let me know 

Sorry no image available
Posted by macam-398646 - 3 years ago

Our group welcomes all people we do pay a small amount which in some cases would not apply we have buffet and picnics and trips to the seaside which are free.next year we have a ppicnic on international picnic day which is free and I should think that other groups would do that same.We are in 29520.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nem2020 - 3 years ago

Single with children can also be lonely, no invites from anyone either and not easy to join clubs because of family commitments and finances. Any suggestions?

Sorry no image available
Posted by macam-398646 - 3 years ago

We go out as a group and at least 5 people who are on their own come. We invite people to our house who are on their own come as well as couples.I had someone say they had been invited to several peoples house for christmas. Everyone is a person and have something to offer I respect them  for that not who they are or what colour they are or how much money they have.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jasnil-793008 - 3 years ago

Living alone is difficult sometimes but not necessarily sad. I have lived alone here for many years and have tried to get involved when anyone has proposed a way to improve things. there doesn't seem to be anything going at the moment.

I am 63 and live in Baie du Mont St Michel. If anyone (of any gender) not too far away would like to talk about possibilities, please reply to me here.

Jasnil.

Sorry no image available
Posted by wadenhoe - 3 years ago

Hi.  I was widowed 2years 39 wks ago.   I made myself join a rock choir (can't really sing very well, but so many there really didn't matter) and made a couple good friends and joined a zumba class, which I really enjoy.  However, it is awfully difficult being on your own. I was told by some well meaning (I think) person that I wouldn't be invited anywhere because I am on my own.  Basically, that's true - only couples.  This New Year's Eve I'll just be on my own with my memories.  Most important is that you join anything that's going where you can meet people.   Hope your Christmas went well and that 2016 will be good for you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by abi1-435781 - 3 years ago

Sorry to reply so late I just saw this message and my advise to you is be yourself show that you are happy cheerfuller lady and try to communicate with every one I'm sure the right person will notice you and will come forward to speak to you, and if you need company I be more than happy to assist you.    

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 3 years ago

what about lovely men, so lonely, where can they go. our friend is so nice, he would love a lady, about 60 yrs, fit,, likes meals, walking, motor bikes, car rides; the seaside. To live in France without a partner is very sad. Suggestions please. We can pass the message on to him. thank you

Sorry no image available
Posted by bla-388261 - 3 years ago

a website called 'on va sortir'   can be great for making contacts and new friends around one's area of interest.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Amilia Bargues - 3 years ago

Perhaps it`s better to browse this info in the internet. There are a lot of interest clubs for single people. The country is huge and I think the person may find lots of interesting places around her location.