DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Late enquiries on Owners Direct website

Posted by Heavitree-431035 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 3 years ago

Here here Jo!! It only takes a second to respond with a thanks, at least we know they got their email then.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jo Taylor-790528 - 3 years ago

buttermaker - the prices are right there upfront on Owners Direct, so unless someone's trying for a discount there's no need to ask for a quote.

If you do, surely it's courteous to reply if the owner takes the trouble to work out a price for you - or even if they've responded with a polite message reiterating the price that is shown on the site. We're individual owners, not some big corporation. A simple "thank you for your reply" would do. (I don't find non-responders suspicious - just rude.)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bunnyrocks - 3 years ago

Maybe just me but when sending out emails for holiday accommodation I do a quick email to say thanks but no thanks :)  I know OD have had a problem with scammers & it's been on watchdog so imagine that's why some people are concerned re enquiries received.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buttermaker - 3 years ago

Looking at it from the other side I can't understand why you find enquiries that are not followed up to be suspicious. I am going to the Midi later in the month and when planning the trip I got quotes from many places using a couple of online sites. I have only actually booked one as most of the others turned out to be unsuitable for my needs. Surely this is normal.

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 3 years ago

Yes, that is standard now with a lot of web sites- sending out false enquiries.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah - 3 years ago

When are you due to renew your advertising with OD?  I only ask as we suddnely got loads of enquiries before our ad ran out and not one reply, even though like you I replied quickly!  We have not renewed with them btw

Sorry no image available
Posted by kathleenmk - 3 years ago

We also have had at least six or seven enquiries from holiday lettings and they are not followed up. Maybe it is a scam but it is very annoying when you reply immediately and the quote expires

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

I don't know about Gite enquiries but we live near Roscoff and we noticed that there appears to be lots more tourists in our area than the previous 4 years since we've lived here. We thought there are two possible reasons for this:

1) those who were going to Tunisia have had to change their holiday plans so France has picked up some of that business.

2) More people coming through Roscoff because of the problems around Calais.

Also Brits are getting a lot more € for their £ this year. Brittany Ferries passenger numbers for July and August are up by 12%.

On Friday we were in a traffic queue around St Pol de Leon (the first time since we've lived here!) and LeClerc was like Xmas Eve in Tesco! 

So, for all you Gite owners, it's looking good!