DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

LeClerc - Pay as You Go - Question

Posted by MockTheCasbah-979852 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by badlittlemonkey - 3 years ago

I have a LeClerc PAYG sim, although I only use it for emergencies.

1. Yes, you can buy it there and then, but I yes you can top up at the same time. When I bought mine about 5 years ago, I went to the cafe and activated it while having a coffee, and topped up over the phone.

2. You can top-up instore, over the phone or over the internet. Just sign up on their 'Espace Client'. You can also check your statement and balance.

3. Yes, you do need to take ID like a passport to register the SIM.

4. No. You can send an empty text to 950 and you'll get a reply with the balance. 

5. As I said, you can also check online.

6. Yes, they take the 1.50 from the balance. NO, they don't tell you.

7. I think the minimum is 5€ with 200€ maximum.

8. The 1.50 also includes calls and texts up to that value. So, they deduct 1.50 and can make a call up to that value at no extra cost, or you don't use the phone but they will still deduct the 1.50. The choice is yours.

"Un minimum de facturation de 1,50 € est prélevé le premier jour de chaque mois sur votre compte Réglo Mobile.
Les premières consommations que vous effectuerez dans le mois seront donc incluses, et ce à hauteur de 1,50 €." 

Everything is answered on their website

http://www.leclercmobile.fr/#xtor=CS1-1-[ARCHE

Hope that helps.]

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 3 years ago

2. You can top up using your debit card on-line. If you want help the assistants who work the sales area will usually do it all for you.

3. You need to provide an ID at the cash desk (take a utility bill just in case). If you don't do it at the cash desk you will need to complete the form included in the pack and send it off.

4, 5, 6 You can check your credit balance at any time by going into the phones contact list where Leclerc will have pre-registered "*Info conso" or dial 950 where an electronic voice will give you the current balance. The 1.50€ charge will be taken on the 1st of each month.

7. 3-200€ top up range

When you put the SIM card into your unblocked phone Leclerc will pick that up and send you an SMS giving you your new phone number. If you already have a phone number that you would like to keep then you must let the person at the cash desk know it.

I don't know if they still do this but when you first purchase the pack part of the check-out receipt was a code number for an initial top up amount. Check the sales assistants to see if this is still true.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitrouge2 - 3 years ago

I can't answer any of your questions, however, to be on the safe side I would take your passport as proof of ID as a lot of shops here will not accept a DL as proof of ID.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MockTheCasbah-979852 - 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies, very helpful.

So for i.d., if I take along a utility bill with my driving licence that should be ok?

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

1) Can I just pick the SIM package up, take it over to the checkout and also pay there and then in cash for a top up?

I bought a phone and sim card at the same time

2) Can I top up in cash whenever we are in there or it only by phone?

You can top up your credit in the store, by phone or by your "espace client" - you need to set this up on the Leclerc mobile website (I top up credit this way, it's very easy)

3) Do I need to take any I.D. with me (if so, is it to reg the SIM or for top ups)?

Probably yes - I had to show ID and proof of residence when I bought the phone and sim.

4) Does the balance come up after each tel call/text etc?

No

5) If answer to 4 is no, how do I know what balance is left?

just send a blank text st any time  to 950 and you will receive a text showing you balance within a few moments.

6) The 1.50 is taken from the balance? Do they send a text to confirm when taken?

It's taken monthly from your credit - you get monthly statements by email

7) Is there a minimum/maximum top up range?

In my experience no

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yellowperill - 3 years ago

Hope this helps

1) Can I just pick the SIM package up, take it over to the checkout and also pay there and then in cash for a top up? strong>YES

2) Can I top up in cash whenever we are in there or it only by phone? strong>IN CASH IS FINE

3) Do I need to take any I.D. with me (if so, is it to reg the SIM or for top ups)? strong>NO NEED TO HAVE ID FOR TOP UP JUST INITIAL PURCHASE

4) Does the balance come up after each tel call/text etc? strong>NO

5) If answer to 4 is no, how do I know what balance is left? strong>DIAL the CHECK BALANCE NUMBER 

6) The 1.50 is taken from the balance? Do they send a text to confirm when taken? strong>YES and NO

7) Is there a minimum/maximum top up range? strong>NOT SURE

8) Anything else I should be aware of? strong>ITS EASY and RELIABLE