DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

multi-tasking

Posted by stevietee - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by astoria - 3 years ago

Fishnet tights are cooler !

lol.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stevietee - 3 years ago

i was in my local supermarket today and saw this little gizmo for removing hard skin off your feet,i thought that would make a great little sander,alls ive got do now is mention it to her indoors she might have hard skin?,when i worked in the middle east used to put the sheets in the freezer for ten minutes,so i had a cool bed to get into,as for the tights you did,nt say whether to use fish net one,s or any that takes your fancy

Sorry no image available

i was in my local supermarket today and saw this little gizmo for removing hard skin off your feet,i thought that would make a great little sander,alls ive got do now is mention it to her indoors she might have hard skin?,when i worked in the middle east used to put the sheets in the freezer for ten minutes,so i had a cool bed to get into,as for the tights you did,nt say whether to use fish net one,s or any that takes your fancy

Sorry no image available
Posted by MockTheCasbah-979852 - 3 years ago

Using the brand new blade (for wood) on the electric saw to cut through metal sheeting

Cutting the top off the new 1 litre of wood glue instead of unscrewing it (then not mentioning it)

Washing the new car with a gritty dirty ragcloth

Sorry no image available
Posted by chris1-400976 - 3 years ago

Stilettos for aerating the lawn, tights as a replacement fan belt and an electric drill for seed drills

Sorry no image available

Hi Stevietee,

I may consider your Rabbit jelly moulds next Easter time!

Meanwhile 2 good tips for Ladies tights!

After 10 sessions of of Kino to straighten out my kneck and shoulders,  (possibly brought on, by helping to lay too many concrete floors! over the years. )

My French kino girl suggested that I go home and get an old pair of tights,wrap them around the window lock, stand very straight and stretch them to their limit,using my arms like rowing movements'

Hope the neighbours don't see!!

Tip 2) The tights could also be used for robbing a bank!!

Cheers Cas:

Sorry no image available

for earlybird,if you get fed up of balls on top of your posts,what about those rabbit style jelly moulds,  we aint got one of those big girly toys  called an overlocker,can it be adapted to perform other tasks,

Sorry no image available

well ive just come in from the rain after pruning the roses with the electric carving knife,but like the balls idea for top of posts,so keep em coming,thought about getting her indoors a black and decker workmate for her to use as a sewing table

Sorry no image available
Posted by D&I-399749 - 3 years ago

Hubbies tooth brush to clean nooks and crannies with in the bathroom, he he he he. No not really but love this thread and am going out to his shed to see if there is anything useful in it!!

Sorry no image available

Cheap plastic Footballs to make Ornamental Balls,  to sit on top of concrete Gateposts as a Finial.

We bought cheap plastic childrens footballs - (any size you are looking for ) can be found in Max +/ Noz etc.

Husband cut a 2"hole in the top with a stanley knife, then filled them with with  liqued concrete mix, prodded it well down with a stick (to get all the airpockets out).

Left them to dry, for 2 to 3 days. He then cut the plastic ball off.

He then fixed them onto the top of our concrete gateposts .

Two years on, they are still looking good.

Cas: