DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

New Charity Shop in Rohan

Posted by LeBourg-899639 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by LeBourg-899639 - 3 years ago

The shop be open tomorrow, Sunday 22nd March,  10..00 to 13.00. and 14.00 to 19.00. Also looking for volunteers, donations and coat hangers! Merci . 

Sorry no image available

Thanks, early bird, and again apologies to those of you who turned up to  a closed shop. I will meet the French couple tomorrow and hopefully get more info. I will post on anything that i find out.  The weekend is an exhibition of  artwork, paintings, sculptures, etc. hte address id 8 rue du pont d'oust - form the market 'halles' towards Huit a Huit magasin.

Sorry no image available
Posted by astoria - 3 years ago

Hello  please try again with your contributions.

We managed to catch the shop open  when we passed about 12 noon. A lovely french couple very polite and holding the ' fort.'

They give us a handful of leaflets. Evidently I can see where they are coming from. Money raised is to support. I quote "Les benefices de la boutique servent a' financer des ateliers anime's par des artistes locaux (peinture, ceramique, dessin et bande dessine'e ...)

There is an address -: 21 rue Notre Dame (a cote'des Halles. -  ie. opposite the large old  wooden market place as you turn right  towards the road bridge at Rohan. Plenty of car parking opposite the shop.

The gentleman's name on the leaflet is Michel Hermielin Tel 07 88 30 45 74 if you need more information as I am not to good speaking French on the telephone.

When I go there again I will find out as much as I can, and post it  on Anglo.Info.

There is something  going on all day Sat 21 st and Sun 22 Mars 10h a' 19h. with artists there.

Hope this all helps;

Cas and Bas:

Sorry no image available

Sorry, I am third party to this for French organisers.  I will try to get info and let you know.  I am on holiday at the mo!

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago

Well, we were there - where were they!!  Nothing in the window re opening hours

Sorry no image available
Posted by pointgrey - 3 years ago

hi - went this morning at 11.15 armed with bags and boxes - closed. There was no notice of opening hours anywhere ! Have had to bring all the stuff back, shame really. Will try again another day. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago

Do you know if they will also be looking for volunteers?  I used to work in charity shops when I lived in Devon and it is one of the few things I miss!  Are they English or French?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Janouk - 3 years ago

That's really good news to have something so near to us (we're 5 minutes away!) Will definitely investigate! Thanks for sharing the news!

Sorry no image available

I think normal am pm opening hours. If you go along there is info on the glass doors. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by NaturesMessage - 3 years ago

How wonderful! Thank you so much for posting this. Do you have any idea of the opening hours for donations?

Many thanks.