DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Newby asking for help

Posted by kremmen - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by seaspray-397615 - 3 years ago

We knew very little about France or French when we arrived here.  The one thing I would have done differently is to buy somewhere nearer the northern coast, with easy access to the flights and ferries.  It is a pain to have to drive a long way, especially when you get older and one of you is unable to do the driving. Also for family and friends to come to visit.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

Just been to Barcelona AngloINFO site and it works with my Brittany registration.

Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by kremmen - 3 years ago

I see that I have mucked up. When I googled Angloinfo forum I got this page and joined and requested help. Obviously I have joined the wrong group because I am hiring out in Spain.

Will I need to rejoin or will my log on work if there is a spanish area?

Sorry for my error but sometimes google is your tricky friend.

Paul

Sorry no image available
Posted by Annabelle's Papa - 3 years ago

Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum and Brittany (in the winter).

Where about are you staying so we can help advise on local issues ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by kremmen - 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice .

Keep it coming.

I would like to thank everyone who has sent me a code

Paul 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

You might do better to take your car back to the UK with you when you go at Christmas. For one thing it would break the 4 months up and give you a lot more options as regards insurers; for another thing, most UK insurers specifically exclude damage/theft to a car during any period when it is left out of the UK on its own, ie without you with it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

On the winter weather it really depends where you are, as Brittany like many places has a series of micro climates. Obviously Brest is a tougher winter proposition than Vannes. On the car insurance it depends when you are returning as the insurers vary as seen already.

If you are returning to the UK that obviously breaks your insurance. Besides the ferry also consider Flybe they tend to get a lot cheaper in the winter - assuming they fly!

Bon chance

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

LV insurance will do 180 days in France non stop. Be careful offering out your BF club number publically, BF do not like it. It is,supposedly, for friends and family only. Just be discrete!

Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by suziepops - 3 years ago

You need to check with your car insurance company.  Ours covered us for 90 days when we first came here.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lqe29a - 3 years ago

Just spent my first year here 56120 near Josselin, purchasing a property in April 2014, winter was wet and windy, but little frost, spring was good and we are now basking in 36 degrees.  Have joined various groups and have a far better social life than I did in the UK.  Your UK car  insurance will cover you for 60 days check with them first., personal message me if you need the Club Voyage number and any more info.