DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Novasol

Posted by Pont-Aven - Created: 3 years ago
0 0

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by CharlotteM-441068 - 3 years ago

Listening to all this has rung a dreadful bell with me.  It sounds very much like the current experience with Holiday Lettings.  Since they became part of theTrip Adviser set up their prices have leapt up by about 60%, the owner support is virtually non existent, and sometimes just plain unhelpful and they are gradually making it more difficult to avoid allowing them to take over managing the money side of things - with unfortunate outcomes for us.  We're seriously thinking of pulling out - does anyone have a recommendation for a letting agency that doesn't include Novosl, French Country Cottages or Holiday Lettings?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pushkin-986745 - 3 years ago

OK got it now I used FCC for a while as well they were ok , but as you said price structure went mad so I pulled out just use a local agent for my house in Corsica now

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jo Taylor-790528 - 3 years ago

Novasol is a Danish company that took over the owners' admin of French Country Cottages which is now based in their office in the south of France.

We were with FCC for 12 years - in the earlier years they were a delight to deal with; plenty of bookings, paid us very well, very fair. We dealt with the office in Lancashire, with very polite and helpful staff. 

However, FCC was absorbed by increasingly larger companies, ending up as part of a huge American corporation. Over this time they increased their wedge of the income while ours remained more-or-less static, causing the price to our clients to rise out of all proportion. Our gite is a traditional cottage, not a luxury villa with a pool and all mod cons. People were paying over £700 for a week in August, while our direct rate was £350. Simply unfair, mainly to the client - they were not getting £700-worth, nor were we offering that. (In the early days their price included a ferry crossing.)

The last straw was when Novasol took over the owners' admin. They appointed a 'local' rep who lived 100km away. Any enquiries to the main office were dealt with by a very rude German woman who didn't fully understand our queries and spoke to us as if we were naughty children rather than experienced property owners. (The 'local' rep left after only a few weeks, no doubt he was getting all the flak!)

We got out as soon as we could, as did at least half-a-dozen other owners around here that I know. I don't know of any who still let through them.

So, no, I wouldn't recommend them (unless they have drastically changed their price structure and customer service in the past year).

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pushkin-986745 - 3 years ago

Never heard of them ??