DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

owners direct

Posted by bakewell tart-428768 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by steverockers-392585 - 3 years ago

Quite likely to be a scam.  have a very careful look at the sender's email address - you may find that it is not the correct one for OD, although it will look very similar.  Also check the property reference number - scammers mail hundreds of people at a time so cannot put the individual property number on each one so they just use the same number on all of them.

I had a scam enquiry last week from VRBO, which is the American branch of Homeaway/Owners Direct.  I contacted Homeaway, who told me that enquiries, from wherever they originate, will always come to me as an enquiry from Homeawy, never VRBO, Abritel etc..

The scam that I had was quite serious as, when you tried to reply, it asked you to log in so they get your email address and password.  I picked it up pretty quickly but it was after 5.50 uk time, so Homeaway's office was shut.  I called them first thing the next morning.  When they checked my account, they found that someone from Holland had logged in the previous evening.  This therefore involved changing passwords and, also, Homeaway emailed every person that had made enquiries through them warning them of the scam.