DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Owners Direct - increased charges for 2nd property!

Posted by firestarter-435430 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sunrise-418318 - 3 years ago

Have a look at publicfishingfrance.com they do 3 months free and if you did want to do a year after that it is only 24e and they have anglers coming over all year round.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

Holiday lettings .co.uk are part of Trip advisor ,their charges to us are small to the client are horrendous which is why I said I won't use them again .And impossible to contact the client before arrival ,not easy to contact when the client is "lost en route "despite having a GPS.

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 3 years ago

Firestarter- the review thing is the same as OD though, you could get a bad review on there too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by firestarter-435430 - 3 years ago

Have thought about Trip Advisor but although we get genuine 5* reviews on OD, it only takes one bad review on TA to put people off.  Currently the only success I have had is with OD plus a few direct through our own website.  Chez Nous used to be good but now no longer viable.

May look into Trip Advisor again but am very reluctant to fork out the extra for Owners Direct - they recommend the Gold package at over £800 but with having to also add on £120 for an additional property we are only a small business and  just don't have that kind of money for advertising.

Sorry no image available

Trip advisor dont charge my guests anything, they book direct with me!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

Have you seen how much Trip advisor load on to your clients ?Daylight robbery I won't use them next year am ashamed of what the clients have to fork over to Trip Advisor

Sorry no image available

Trip Advisor- turned down 7 enquiries this week alone.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah - 3 years ago

You and me both!  Have stopped advertising with OD as it was silly money, last 4 bookings came from twitter (3) and my facebook page with one enquiry that's just come in.  Please share where you are advertising :)

Sorry no image available

Have found it but they take 10%!  Also, money not disbursed until 24 hours after check in and then you have to wait from 5-7 days until it reaches your account.

This, for us would work out more expensive.  Out of interest are there any other companies offering advertising with good enquiry rates?  If so, please share as I've not found them!

Sorry no image available

Where is the free option?  I've just been on to the site and I can't find anything about that?   I suspect that paying a percentage would work out cheaper than forking out for even the lowest rate advertising.