DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Owners Direct - new rates - what a joke!

Posted by firestarter-435430 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by firestarter-435430 - 4 years ago

My advertising finishes in September.   I think I will renew as it is how most of my enquiries are generated but will do it on the basis of having the basic 'classic' ad and I would urge all other owners to do the same.  From feedback received from my guests, what is most important to them when considering a property is the reviews received.

Sorry no image available
Posted by falabella - 4 years ago

I don't know what I will do .. fortunately my renewal is later on and I haven't had any responses from my Owners direct advert but I am fully booked.. so its a quandry for me.what to do? I think not!

Sorry no image available

Owners Direct seem to want to go the say way as a lot of the other advertisers and try to take advantage of taking commission from both owners and visitors.  To my mind, they have lost the identity that they used to have.

Whether or not I re-advertise with them will remain to be seen but I object to pressure to 'improve rankings' by paying yet more money to them.  It could almost be deemed as 'legal blackmail'.

I also would urge people to stay with the classic listing and not be sucked into thinking that they are going to get a better service by paying more - trust me you won't!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sueb-382387 - 4 years ago

Hi,

Yes I totally understand your view. There have been many discussions and debate on the changes over the last few months on other rental forums, somebody has also taken the bull by the horns and created a Facebook page to enable people to still link up directly with the owners, I take my hat off to them. If everybody stands their ground and sticks with a classic listing and does not get sucked into the other 'opportunities' ahum !!!, that Owner Direct are now offering to line their own pockets then things will not change for us owners who want to offer the best personal, direct service to our guests at the best possible price with no hidden additional commission charges etc. My personal view would be to still list with them but stay as a classic listing as before and then nothing will change from an owners point of view and also a potential guest would pay the best possible price which is personally what  I would want and am sure is the same for many other owners. Anybody in the know who agrees with this that can put this message out to other owners?

Sorry no image available

Can't believe that NOBODY has commented on this!