DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Plougasnou area

Posted by marianne-630211 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by marianne-630211 - 4 years ago

Thank you so much Aramanta for your detailed and helpful reply. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by aramanta - 4 years ago

We have a second home in Plougasnou itself. We've met a handful of Brits in same circumstance - all speak French. Very little, if any English spoken by locals. But the locals are very friendly. There seems to be a lot going on - if you speak French. Excellent charcuteries, boulangeries, bar, restaurants, fantastc walks. Peaceful, rural. There's several hair salons as you probably know, beauty salons, interior design shop, d&y/garden supplies, supermarket, car showroom, book/papershop, delicatessen, a bar that closes early, chemists. From my neighbour's recent experience the GP is very, very effective and you're only 1/4 hour from the big hospital in Morlaix. I think for bigger issues/in hospital treatment you have to travel to Brest.  It is, as I said, rural but the local school is flourishing, there's several starter homes for locals going up so it's not just a holiday location. There's canning factories for vegetables and seafood processing plants. It's all very genuine but picks up considerably in the summer. Interestingly enough several of our neighbours have returned to Plougasnou from big cities to retire to the area where they were born.