DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Pontivy today

Posted by usfive-390948 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

An unauthorized demonstration was prohibited. If these people defend democracy and the rule of law, they must respect its principles. 

Colombian wrote:-

"Well if the group they were protesting against (Adsav) had their way, we wouldn't be in allowed to stay in Brittany!"

I think you have been listening to too much left-wing propaganda Colombian!

From adsav website:-

"This is a party that remains true to its program and its obligations. A Breton and European party.A party that defends the interests of the Breton people and peoples of Europe.

Gogo Yubari wrote:-

"Bowing to right wing pressure regarding when it  takes place would only lessen the effectiveness of the demonstration and make it pretty pointless."

I think you will find that  the Morbihan regional council has a majority of PS members and cannot be described as right-wing.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gogo Yubari - 3 years ago

Bowing to right wing pressure regarding when it  takes place would only lessen the effectiveness of the demonstration and make it pretty pointless.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Colomban - 3 years ago

"How typical of a left-wing political rally/protest/march/demonstration."

Well if the group they were protesting against (Adsav) had their way, we wouldn't be in allowed to stay in Brittany!

Breton, ouvre les yeux, ferme ta frontière

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jewell - 3 years ago

I was in Pontivy today.  (I'm here on holiday.)  The march was pretty small and looked peaceful, the part I saw (although there a couple of vans of gendarmes with riot gear), and seemed to be held in a completely separate area of the town to the Christmas market.  I didn't see the whole thing, but from what I did see it didn't interrupt the market at all, although it did mean part of the road by the water was blocked to traffic.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

How typical of a left-wing political rally/protest/march/demonstration.

They were asked by the sub-prefect of Morbihan not to hold this rally on the 19th because of the Pontivy Christmas market.

"The holding of the event is not a problem. It is the choice of the date is not appropriate. The Christmas market is an important time in Pontivy. We expect a lot of people. It was not responsible to coach these events in these conditions ", he said.

Sorry no image available
Posted by usfive-390948 - 3 years ago

Yes, that's more like the sort of crowd we saw, not a Christmas market crowd!

Sorry no image available
Posted by usfive-390948 - 3 years ago

oh okay, thanks !

Sorry no image available
Posted by bibi-403151 - 3 years ago

CHRISTMAS MARKET, ENJOY THE FUN  O.F CHRISTMAS

Sorry no image available
Posted by stavros-390635 - 3 years ago

Google it! top of the page shows:

http://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/pontivy-56300/pontivy-des-militants-antifascistes-manifestent-malgre-linterdiction-3929320