DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Possible move to Le Croisty

Posted by Motors-996018 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kaouenn - 3 years ago

My family have been in the area on and off for over 27 years,and find it hard to find fault with. 

A lovely place to be with great village life.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Motors-996018 - 3 years ago

All very positive stuff, thanks. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 3 years ago

Lamb Chop, you are absolutely right! 

Wrong!!!! Le Croisic is very congested in the summer, but my spelling isn't great, please accept my apology.

Sorry no image available
Posted by davethediver - 3 years ago

Hi, have lived 5 miles from Le Croisty for 13 years and pass through most days, lovely quite area with a few xpats in and around the village. Huge following of the 2CV in village and several large shows each year, personaly cannot find fault with the place. Surrounding area provides all the amenities you could possibly need. Child education is second to none, much time spent on socializing children, you will not regret the move. No doubt you realize I see France and in particular Brittany through rose coloured glasses, that is how i've found it and would not want to be anywhere else, have been around the world a few times and still choose to live here. Come and join us. Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

Tryval is no doubt referring to CROUESTY, a marina village, next to Port Navalo, toward the far end of the Presqu'il de Rhuys, the Golfe du Morbihan. Le CROISTY is located north of Lorient, near Le Faouet.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lamb chop - 3 years ago

Tryval are you sure it is le croisty you are talking about getting busy?!

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

I used to live opposite Lac Bel Air (the lake in Priziac), so know the area well. The lake itself has a sailing school and boats for hire (plus pedalo hire), hours are pretty restricted however, otherwise there is fishing. No motorised boats.

Le Croisty has a good selection of essential services, for a small village, La Faouet  for nearest supermarkets or Gourin or Guemene. Nearest major retail centres are Lanester/Lorient or Carhaix. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 3 years ago

Only thing that put us off was, it gets very busy in summer, for example, our next door neighbours are a French couple who live (and work) there who bought this place in 56220 to get away from the congestion at weekends. Sure the public services will be ok near La Baule etc.

Best Wishes