DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Postal Costs

Posted by Majorme - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

As a frequent user of buying online I have had a variety of packages delivered some bulky but none very heavy and many international, the main deliverers have been Chronopost and DHL All my delivery charges have been well under 10.00€ so it might be worth checking them out

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Hermes is cheaper ,I was charged twelve Euros for a pair of car shock absorbers tracked from Germany and had an item sent via mondial relay weighed 12 kilo and cost 12.60€,check out the hermes website it's in English as well as French,la poste is OK for small packages

Sorry no image available
Posted by Majorme - 3 years ago

super helpful, many thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by MaudieMaudie - 3 years ago

Majorme - you need to open a pro account on the La Poste website or you will pay high prices at the bureaux. I print all my stamps etc at home. Saves time and money.

A parcel up to 500g to the UK, with tracking will cost €9.50. Up to 2kg to the UK, with tracking, costs €15.45 You can send parcels worldwide this way up to 2kg, after that you'll need Colissimo.

Hope that helps!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Majorme - 3 years ago

Thank you geegee42. I've heard of Mondial relay - does anybody use them for sending parcels? Hermes is a new one on me!

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

À lot of people now use hermes or mondial relay,I believe if you are a registered business you can have an account with la poste which reduces the rates,the problem is that la poste are losing tons of money on letter post so they are trying to claw it back on parcels,hermes and mondial you need to take to drop off / collection points.