DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

problem with a e mail

Posted by Rosemary Williams - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

That was the point. I'd been told I didn't need the print out-after my 'phone call. He argued that it wasn't showing on his system and they'd had an unusually large number of people requiring 'parking near a lift'.As we don't have access to their screen it's very annoying to be basically called a liar. We need extra side space and it's not something we'd take a chance on-ever!

I received an apology from BF but I always take the paper now.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

What a daft thing for the BF chap to say "too many people turning up without proof". If the customer has a printed copy of the booking details, it must be on their system as well. I can only assume that some people have forgotten to specify their special needs when making the booking and then try it on at the checkin.

Sorry no image available

The 'parking near a lift' problem came when a 'new' member of BF check in staff at Portsmouth insisted on seeing the ticket with the priority information printed large as life. He said that 'too many people are turning up without proof.' 

As it is necessary to make a 'phone call, after the online booking, to make sure there is side exit space for a wheelchair when we travel and then receive the amended booking with the red block letters on it-I was really angered by his attitude. Now I do print it so as not to have a repeat performance.

Of course, we've never had a problem since!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

I have never printed out my ticket....and I travel with four dogs! As pointed out, they print out the ticket ( with doggie passes!) at booking office or the kiosk on entering BF space. Also I am less able and never a problem with parking near lift.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rosemary Williams - 3 years ago

thank you for pointing that out  i queried that and was told they will print

one out for me at the ferry port

Sorry no image available

thank you for pointing that out  i queried that and was told they will print

one out for me at the ferry port

Sorry no image available
Posted by BobF-382820 - 3 years ago

One point is that if you are bringing a dog from France to UK they will need the printed ticket to authorise it with a stamp which will allow you on the ferry.

Sorry no image available

thank you everyone for your prompt replies i had'nt realized that you only need your ref. no.

and not a printout of your ticket. Panic over thanks again 

Sorry no image available

They usually ask for passport and up comes the booking. If you have 'priority parking' for a disability, it's a good idea to have the print out-sometimes they argue about space allocation near the lift.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

I do not print a ticket either, I put the booking reference number on my phone, and alos write it down on a slip of paper and put with my passport .