DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Question about post lady at Christmas!

Posted by firestarter-435430 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by GoneandDunit - 3 years ago

We don't have a regular postie, we seem to have a different one each week almost.

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

Ours has never offered calendars I would gladly buy one, as he is so good and so friendly.  He does always try a little English, even tho I speak to him in French.

Sorry no image available
Posted by firestarter-435430 - 3 years ago

OK got it!  She has never asked me if I want a calender to buy but I automatically give her something at Christmas. Perhaps I should just put a note on the card to say that I don't need a calendar and then it saves me having to find another home for it.

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Master-932168 - 3 years ago

The post man buys the calendars to sell,don't know how much they cost but he keeps the profit.

Sorry no image available
Posted by furet - 3 years ago

As I understand from our local postman the posties buy the calendars themselves from their local depot for a "special offer" standard price. They then call round to your house and offer you a choise of which one you want. You then buy one from the postman for whatever amount you decide to contribute. (10 euros or thereabouts seems to be the norm, but you can give whatever you want) The postman/ lady will normally call at your house at some point to supply your calendar. Our local man arrived yesterday evening for example. We invited him into the house where he had a glass of wine with us and chatted generally about village gossip etc for about 20 mins. We chose a callander and donated 10 Euros. He was quite delighted. Any money donated is kept by the post person in question.

[removed][removed]