DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Roscoff-Plymouth ferries

Posted by jandave - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham&Elaine - 3 years ago

Amazing how one typo can create such an interest! I must have been watching the BBC's War & Peace and inadvertently spelled it the Russian way!

We are getting excited now. I am aware that Brittany is a beautiful part of France and am really looking forward to our trip. Great to hear it from someone else too. Thank you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pilot-425170 - 3 years ago

And just to clear things up the ferry engines are not being changed, they are being fitted with scrubbers.

Sorry no image available
Posted by aramanta - 3 years ago

Hi Graham and Elaine. Whether you call it Roscoff or Roskoff or Rosko or Rosgoff and whether you decide to learn Breton and about Breton as well as French have fun with the etymology and all the best with house hunting. It's a beautiful area.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham&Elaine - 3 years ago

Hi,

We are about to come across to view houses near Roskoff and got into a bit of a panic when we found that there were no ferries until the end of March.

However, there is a ferry running between Portsmouth and St. Malo and also between Poole and Cherbourg. If you don't mind driving up to Cherbourg, Poole would be the nearest option as you could then travel along the coast to Devon or cut through to Taunton for the M5. It is also one of the cheapest routes at the moment at £158 for a return ticket.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Diane65 - 3 years ago

Hi, they have stopped the route until March 15th - Amorique taken out of service for maintenance work. I agree it is a long time this year - last year they started again in early Feb if I remember correctly.

I am booked on the St Malo/Port on the 12 Jan and Port/St Malo on the 20th of Jan - PM me.

Diane

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 3 years ago

3 boats have been taken out of service to have the engines changed to be more eco friendly so the Roscoff route being less used was one of the services to be axed for most of the winter.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lottie13-403657 - 3 years ago

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferry-routes/ferries-france/plymouth-roscoff/timetable