DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ryanair pilot,credit where its due

Posted by happychappie - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by vulcan-395582 - 4 years ago

I remember being on a Holiday flight  to Cyprus with our 2 children in the 80's Luton to Larnaca.  It was around the time the Omen films wee on TV.  Our flight number was 666 and several passengers had remarked on this.  Once airborne the captain came on the loudspeaker to reassure us passengers that there was nothing to get concerned about with the flight number as he would endeavour to fly the plane upside down all the way there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LRV24 - 4 years ago

My first holiday flight was from Gatwick to Munich in mid winter. We arrived on a beautiful morning, calm and sunny. The plane approached the runway, touched down gently then all hell broke loose. The engines roared, the fuselage shook and rattled and the passengers fell silent. It was all over as soon as it had started and the Captain's voice came over the speakers, 'Welcome to Munich. As conditions were perfect we decided to have an emergency stop drill.' I wish he'd warned us in advance.

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 4 years ago

Several years ago, flying back to Heathrow from Madrid with British Airways, the landing was, to say the least, "bouncy", there was a point where I thought we were taking off again! Overhead lockers opened, luggage fell out and there was the odd whimper or scream from the more nervous passengers.  After a long relieved silence from the passengers, a very camp voice came over the PA system and said "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until the Captian has manouvered what is left of this aircraft to the arrivals area, and please accept my apology for upsetting him earlier" .  I haven't flown since!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 4 years ago

Pilot was maybe ex- or reserve Irish Air Corps, practising a combat landing!