DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Scientific examinations

Posted by enthuisiasm - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by yorkshirepudding-396727 - 3 years ago

There are many things we're not privy to, this is just one of many. Perhaps the best thing to do is to stop your car and ask the question? after all you have the right to ask, if no information is forthcoming then ask for the person in charge, the least they can tell you is their name and what agency/ company they represent. There have been thousands of cases of animal mutilation worldwide for example, often covered up and unreported! I'm not suggesting this is an instancemof this but who knows? As already suggested, your .mairie might be a good place to start, only the insistent are likely to get any answers though. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 3 years ago

looking for gold, you think?, wow see you over there with my frying pan, panning, or you pan and I will cook

Sorry no image available

Samples were being taken in a field between Meneac and Merdrignac, it was 8 o clock in the morning. They were holding glass phials. very scary

Sorry no image available

these people were in a field, holding glass phials and taking samples. the field is inbetween Meneac and Merdrignac. It was aprox. 8 o clock in the morning. Two people in a car were concerned and slowed down considerably to see what was going on. Its scary. 

Sorry no image available

these people were in a field, holding glass phials and taking samples. the field is inbetween Meneac and Merdrignac. It was aprox. 8 o clock in the morning. Two people in a car were concerned and slowed down considerably to see what was going on. Its scary. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by David Paterson - 3 years ago

Variscan (an Australian company) possibly. I believe they have been operating a survey helicopter over the area, looking for basic and precious metal deposits. The Mairie should know.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Odd - I can't find anything in the local or national media about any incident in that locality.

Could have been some sort of exercise or training simulation?

Sorry no image available
Posted by paul & nadine - 3 years ago

I forgot to ask - where were the people in the protective clothing? I think something quite serious may have happened.

Sorry no image available
Posted by paul & nadine - 3 years ago

Hi,

I didn't see them but there were a large number (100+)  CRS officers and an armoured van by the weighbridge outside Point Vert at about 14:30.  Knowing the reputation of the CRS for their robust handling of riots, I didn't hang around to find out what was going on!  _ but I would like to know.