DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Shopping in Rennes

Posted by Wilbury Traveller - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wilbury Traveller - 4 years ago

Thanks Bollydolly.   I've already booked the train return so maybe next visit.   Thanks for you birthday wishes.   I'm not too bothered about other yearly celebrations but I do like my birthday.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bollydolly-889742 - 4 years ago

With so much to see in Rennes think you had better book a weekend! As others have said the markets, restaurants,  shops and architecture are magnificent.

Have a lovely time celebrating your Birthday :-)

Sorry no image available

Thanks everyone, you've all contributed to wonderful day out.

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 4 years ago

For eating I can recommend La Réserve, 36 Rue de la Visitation, 35000 Rennes

Phone:+33 2 99 84 02 02.  Best to book a table.

Sorry no image available
Posted by c2oafc-383379 - 4 years ago

Get to Rennes .... then get bus or metro to place St Anne... the market is just around the corner from the metro station ... thyen work your way back towards the train station ... crossing the main thouroughway left and right ... you will see many lovely buildings shops bars restraunts .... we Love Rennes .... dont get there enough have a great day and happy birthday for Saturday ... hope you enjoy

Chris

Sorry no image available

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions.   I've decided to take the train from St Brieuc so I found the metro info extremely helpful - thanks Jacktar.

It's my birthday on Saturday so hoping the sun will shine so thanks again for all the info, t sounds like I shall have a lovely day out.

WT

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 4 years ago

I've not been to Rennes but there is a superb Creperie at Saint Gilles, just off the N12. It's called 'Florentine' and the crepes are the best we've eaten. The Cafe Gourmand for dessert is heaven! It's the sort of place you would drive past as it doesn't really look that inviting but this is a case of 'don't judge a book by its cover'!

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 4 years ago

Follow the signs to parking hoche and park ,you can then take the lift up and wander around the town,its heaving with shops of all types or you can visit the large mall at St Gregoire ,there is plenty of shopping in and around Rennes ,the parking is easy to get to and easy to get out from ,there is plenty of it and its not expensive.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jacktarRN - 4 years ago

We take the train to Rennes and at the station take the metro to "Republique" if I remember correctly it's about €1..40 that will take you to the edge of the main shopping area. Across the road from the metro station is Galeries Lafayett department store and the road to the right will take you up in a northerly direction to the main shops squares and restaurants. Or you can take the metro to Saint Anne station further north o the shops (an eating area) and work you way back....

Sorry no image available
Posted by crosswordwp-440767 - 4 years ago

Rise early on Saturday - the Rennes market is stupendous - well worth a visit. Rennes is a beautiful place, has an IKEA - in Pace - which is a suburb. There is a shopping mall. Not exactly the same as the UK/US but a mall. Rennes is a city in which to wander - there is a large department store. Can't direct you to that, but perhaps if you Google Rennes the site for the city will appear and the shops advertise.