DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Taxe D'habitation and Taxes Foncieres

Posted by bethali - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

I think most people expect the impots to know what they are doing,I know they make the odd mistake but normally they base everything on the figures we provide them,tax habitation reduction is based on a sliding scale and reduces based on income and age,how the criteria for the TV licence exoneration works I hav'nt a clue,but I would assume that if you were not obliged to pay then your bill would read zero.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

And also only applicable to résidences principales, no reductions for holiday homes.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Field18 - 3 years ago

Doesn't anyone do any research?

Exonerations from Tax d' Hab is based on earnings and age.

http://www.impots.gouv.fr/portal/dgi/public/popup;jsessionid=4HU4ZTKXIS4OFQFIEIQCFEY?typePage=cpr02&espId=1&docOid=documentstandard_2095&temNvlPopUp=false

Sorry no image available

No,region makes no difference,must be your age.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dagbaruch - 3 years ago

Maybe that depends where you are, but here in the Midi Pyrenees, as we pay no tax on our pension, we do not pay TV licence, or tax d´habitation.

Maybe your department is different.

Sorry no image available

Dagbaruch not sure that's correct ,I've never paid income tax but I have always paid the TV licence fee and a little tax habitation.I am now on a disability pension and still pay full whack on the tax fonciere.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dagbaruch - 3 years ago

Taxe d´habitation  (including TV licence) is onlt paid if you earn enough to pay income tax.  Not sure about holiday homes, if these are classed differently.

Sorry no image available

If you have a low income the impots will allow you to pay this years bill monthly, normally five payments,its not too late if you want to pay next years by monthly payments,you can set it up online for next year but this years you would need to go and see them. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by myrtle-391965 - 3 years ago

you will have to pay the tax d'habitation and fonciere  in full this year, but can apply to pay monthly in future.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bethali - 3 years ago

Many thanks for your replies, yes by the looks of it , my third bill is for rubbish and recycling etc. thank you