DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

telephone ferry booking much easier !

Posted by laneyloo - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by laneyloo - 3 years ago

Can't rember exactly but our membership bad run out and a ferry was defo cheaper but we had no cabins booked 3 adults n a van  

Sorry no image available
Posted by andylekker - 3 years ago

i suppose it depends on how good you are at navigating the BF website. 

i like to compare all the prices for different ferries and routes at a glance as we live in the SE and can easili get to portsmouth at any time. likewise we can disembark either in Caen or St Malo so its nice to see all those prices before making a decision.

we are also very close to newhaven so occasionally will go via Dieppe when BF gets really expensive in the summer holidays

i would still love to see the details of this journey that was supposedly cheeper on aferry than on BF with 30% discount, i asked in the last thread but got no response. all the ones i looked up on aferry were pretty much exactly the undiscounted BF price.

Sorry no image available
Posted by aramanta - 3 years ago

Definitely worth renewing then. Thank you. 

Sorry no image available

We renewed our membership yes free cabin leaving uk in the morning  and free cabin leaving France in afternoon  it saved us about £80 not sure if that was before we added the cabins we changed ferry times to get the cabins living in Yorkshire always nice even on short ferry trips   to freshen up in cabin hope that helps

Sorry no image available
Posted by aramanta - 3 years ago

My membership expires this month. Can I check therefore the discount you got? 30% off fares and a free cabin without being a member nor signing up to continue membership? Or have I misunderstood your post? Little point in membership if you csn get the benefits just by phoning?

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

So Brittany is now living in the rat race. That's a new take on escaping the UK due to the rat race. Where can we all go now to escape these rat races?

Sorry no image available

We've always booked on line but needed to speak to a real person if I'dbooked . On line I'd played much much more free cabins added to it as we had our membership expired he wavered the ' expired date  and then threw in a, cabin  discounted I think our everyday life is slowly being replaced by machines and the internet and I'm sick of it  bring back tradition the reason we bought in brittany stepping back in time to a forgotten time ! Can't wait to escape this rat race !

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

I prefer online. I like to see all timing/price options in and around preferred dates.