DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Train Travel

Posted by Yaddlethorpe Crossroads - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Millisle - 3 years ago

Wow, really impressed by that research!!

Having said that,is it possible then to go from RENNES TO GRANADA, by rail??

Sorry no image available
Posted by LucyBee - 3 years ago

You can definitely take the train from Rennes to Berne, without an hotel stays... Here is an example trip, just copied off SNCF site

09h10RENNES GARETGV 5318 | 2nde classe  Durée4h20 13h30LYON PART DIEU Correspondance : 1h06   14h36LYON PART DIEUTER 96512 | 2nde classe  Durée1h51 16h27GENEVE CORNAVIN   Correspondance : 15 min   16h42GENEVE CORNAVINTrain 729 | 2nde classe  Durée1h44 18h26BERNE

Hope this is of help 

Sorry no image available
Posted by orme2 - 3 years ago

EasyJet go from Nantes to Geneva.  You could get the train then from Geneva to Berne.  You can walk out of the terminal at Geneva and into the train station.

Sorry no image available
Posted by all4one-10057182 - 3 years ago

This is a map of the SNCF network

http://www.mappery.com/map-of/Map-of-SNCF-National-Railway-Network-in-France

In theory it is possible to cross France by rail but the journey would be a nightmare, 99% of long journeys are via Paris which is the centre of the SNCF rail hub !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by DN-434538 - 3 years ago

Possibly

Rennes Lyon

Lyon Geneva

Geneva Berne

But I think your connections may be difficult unless intent on seeing and staying in the stops, which could be fun.

Sorry no image available
Posted by genie-382498 - 3 years ago

http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Saint-Brieuc/Bern

having looked at that link I then looked at Rennes to Dijon direct so it would be possible St Brieuc, Rennes, Dijon, Berne - but no idea of the times involved or the transfers but you don't have to go via Paris.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yaddlethorpe Crossroads - 3 years ago

Thank you - it appears all rail journeys radiate from Paris and the map was helpful but I cannot see a way round it unless I fly with Easy Jet but I think they go fron CDG and that is defeating the object  to take the train  I have crossed Canada by train from Montreal to Vancouver and the train was 10 min late on arrival!

Sorry no image available