DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

variscan mines

Posted by DebbieH-939028 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bossbird - 3 years ago

In case anybody is interested, there is a meeting at Silfiac, Salle poyvallente on Thurday 4th February organised by Attentionmines starting 8pm. Will possibly all be in French but we might get a better understanding of what the proposals are. Also you could sign your refusal form at the same time. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by louisep-438231 - 3 years ago

Hello Fitter,

The forms are going out with  the commune magazine.  Our commune has been aware of the issues for some time.  Ask at your Mairie's office if you feel that more info is needed as far as your own  commune.As for the law, the form states that

VOS DROITS SELON LE NOUVEAU CODE MINIER :  
1. Jardin, cour ou enclos muré : je suis propriétaire occupant ou locataire ; le Code minier impose que je donne au prospecteur mon consentement ou mon refus ; ce choix est définitif et il ne peut être contesté.  
2. Prairie, champ cultivé, bois, clôturé ou non : je suis fermier ou propriétaire exploitant ou locataire exploitant : Variscan peut prélever sur mon terrain sauf si j'ai fait part de mes observations et exprimé un refus justifié au préalable. En cas de refus, une procédure d'indemnisation pour préjudice pourra être entamée si un accord n'a pu être trouvé avec le prospecteur et/ou la préfecture.

I am awaiting verifaction that in short, once signed (copy sent to the Mairie) they have no right whatsover to take samples etc from your land.

Louise

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

"At our last council meeting it was discussed that as a commune we should be sending out a form  that is available to declare that you do not want your parcel of land touched in anyway by these 'tests'."

Did your council actually send out these forms? We have heard or received nothing from our commune on this subject and we are right next to one of the concessions where there are old mine workings from the 1950's.

Do you know if the signing of this form has any legal significance, or is it merely a means of registering your protest?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sue Denome-416555 - 3 years ago

Link not working - but can be found at Variscan home page under - Quarterly Report December 2015.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sue Denome-416555 - 3 years ago

Hi

It looks as if mining in Merleac will be on the cards - having just read Variscans latest quaterly report.

http://www.variscan.com.au/components/com_reports/rfiles/ANNOUNCE-873 Quarterly Report Dec 2015.pdf

Sorry no image available
Posted by RHS35 - 3 years ago

I live about 5kms from a disused silver mine. Currently it has been closed for quite some years.It is opened up periodically though the year for tours and tourism.

Theres another mine over Fougeres way out on the Vitre road thats disused but have been rumblings that it might be reopened.

Sorry no image available

Sorry, can;t get the links to work however!  just follow the instructions. Thanks!

Louise

Sorry no image available

Morning.

I felt that this should come back to the spotlight asap.  The company HAVE permission to 'test' parcels of land within the chosen zones.  I live within a cats whiskers outsideof the SILFIAC zone (PER) at Lescouet Gouarec of which part of my commune is within the Silfiac PER.. At our last council meeting it was discussed that as a commune we should be sending out a form  that is available to declare that you do not want your parcel of land touched in anyway by these 'tests'.  You need to sign three copies, one for yourself , one to send to your local Mairie and one to send to the group that are collecting the information.  I have no part whatsoever in this group, just felt as a local that people (if not already) need to be made aware.  Details of the information with maps and form to fill out is at  attentionmines.jimdo.com    The form to fill out is in Document d'information du collectif 'Urgent' Formula de refus d'acces aux terres' URGENT >>>  Formulaire de refus d'accès aux terresand the map (for Silfiac) is in 'document administratif' CARTE DÉTAILLÉE DU PER SILFIAC A TÉLÉCHARGER

There is information about the other zones as well. Please ensure you are within a zone before you fill out a form! Good luck!

Louise

Sorry no image available
Posted by burmesecat - 3 years ago

http://www.breizh-info.com/27071/actualite-environnementale/projets-miniers-en-bretagne-que-recherche-variscan-mines/

This might give you a bit more info.

Burmesecat

Sorry no image available
Posted by petewilson - 3 years ago

Hi ,

A few weeks ago the goverment put a plan in place to survey France for metals etc. In the Telegramme there was a map showing where the surveys are going to take place. Its all to stop being relience on China,Russia. The Telegramme web site should show it. Sorry I can`t remember when it was.

Regards Pete