DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Was this a con?

Posted by No longer Online - Created: 3 years ago
0 0

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

The only thing we were expecting turned up with our postman just after the phone call.  So unless I've lost out on a package from my rich uncle full of Euro notes I'm glad she slammed the phone down on me.  Also the fact that all my uncles are dead might have swayed me.LOL.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kathyd2 - 3 years ago

I've read somewhere else that it IS a con, it DOES use an expensive phone number, and we've also had the same call.  We ignored it. Then some time later a delivery turned up.  Oops! Driver didn't say he'd had trouble finding us though, and it's always the driver who phones if they get lost on the way.  To be honest, if the driver was seriously lost they;d phone again, or re-deliver at another time or.. I shall ignore the next one if it happens again too :).

Sorry no image available
Posted by evenevenmoreantibs - 3 years ago

But what is the con?

The most expensive rate number in France is 34c a minute with a limit of 1.35€

http://www.frenchpremiumnumbers.com/en/overview-of-french-market.php

Apart from calls to Mobiles where the teleco makes all the money with no share to the called number.

Sorry no image available

Not 500 quid a minute bur apparently it is a con and I wouldn't want the phone bill after I'd made it!

Sorry no image available
Posted by evenevenmoreantibs - 3 years ago

What would the con be?

Please don't say the call to the driver was a premium rate number at 500 quid a minute.

Sorry no image available

No package expected apart from something very tiny through the post!

Besides normally it's the driver who phones (lived here 9 years) and always the driver has phoned before.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brian Stone - 3 years ago

And presumably you weren't expecting a package.