DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Xmas visitors

Posted by kate.fitch@orange.fr - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bunnyrocks - 3 years ago

Found the link to the face book page for Christmas goodies at the AI Expo - https://www.facebook.com/Angloinfo-Brittany-Exhibition-1039469729427333/

and the man's name is David Reid, no connection! but also remember picking up Christmas crackers, decent wrapping paper and cards as well from someone else there & will go again this year for more supplies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaykay-10041854 - 3 years ago

It's in Gouarec - called Petite Bretagne 0780 07 03 68

Sorry no image available
Posted by Laura29 - 3 years ago

Please will you tell us where your "English" shop is please?

Sorry no image available
Posted by foureyes-10044529 - 3 years ago

I thought I had read recently about a company who ship your online Asda shopping over here, but they charged 25% on top of the bill.  Don't remember who they were, or maybe I dreamed the whole thing...  May be worth googling expat shopping sites.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tongsaibay - 3 years ago

Ooh yes, I'd forgotten the chocolate! Now we could buy all the usual Cadbury's ranges in Hong Kong but they were made in Malaysia. The chocolate was simply not the same so that was another item we asked people to bring out to us. Not a lot, but wonderful for an occasional treat.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

When we make our annual trip to Cornwall the car is full of bottles of red wine for my sister. On the return trip it's full of tea bags for us! We don't miss much from the UK but life without a good cup of STRONG tea is unimaginable! (I know you can buy tea bags here but it's either like dish-water or very expensive, actually it's both!).

Also, we have to buy a few bars of Cadburys chocolate, particularly Twirl, Fudge and Buttons. I'm beginning to drool now just thinking about them................!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tongsaibay - 3 years ago

We lived in Hong Kong in the 1990's and loved the Chinese food - but asked anyone coming to visit us (and we had lots of those!) to bring our favourite brand of teabags, Bisto gravy granules and digestive biscuits. A little taste of home.......

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaykay-10041854 - 3 years ago

We have a lovely 'English' shop near us and they stock up with everything seasonal and will get most things in for you within reason if they dont have it. We get fresh sliced bread every 2 weeks which we freeze - you can't beat a watburtons sandwich as much as we love the french bread. Ok you pay more than you would in the UK but they have a living to make and I don't mind paying a bit extra for what I want otherwise I go without. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

To those who say that when you live in France you should live as the French do and leave behind all things British - Marmite, Double Cream, Bacon, Customer Service etc., I say go and tell that to the Moroccans, Germans, Dutch, Chinese, Indians, Americans, Vietnamese etc. who live in France and also like to buy their homeland produce.  Also tell the French who live and work in the UK.

Or for everyone except the British is it a case of retaining your culture?

Marks and Spencer in Paris is full of British products including Marmite and you could do worse than go to Paris and also visit the Christmas Market in the Champs Elysees.  Cost for me from near Redon is 58 Euro return only 80 Euro if I go First Class.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bunnyrocks - 3 years ago

There is going to be someone at the AI Exhibition this year selling British goods including marmite, biscuits & chocolate if this helps I saw it on a face book page :)