DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

adiction

Posted by boyirish - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by boyirish - 3 years ago

am in carhaix area brittany france

Sorry no image available

no place around me english speaking cant understand what doctors are saying have a back problem after scan haveing 4 hernas on spine doctors wont orp  7 years with pain after surgey recent surgen siad never see a spine so bad  now not sure what to do as caueing mentail prob and addiction  warned by another doc must stop drinking/smokeing  or risk looseing my leg am a looner and shy and my french is limited

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wilbury Traveller - 3 years ago

Hi Boyirish

I have emailed you - you may need to look in your spam box if my email isn't immediately evident.

WT

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian2bin - 3 years ago

I have a brother who is an alcoholic and smokes like a chimney you have a very steep hill to climb but stop you must. The truth of the matter is you are the only person that can do it . My whole family went on at my brother for 35 years but only when he decided to stop did he succeed . When told to do it the alki starts telling fibs and hiding booze your strength has to come from you but speaking to a social worker should point you to the right people. I wish you good luck you will need strength loads of it but you can do this .My wife and me both were smokers when we came to France but both stopped without a crutch just decided to stop thank god at todays prices we would be bankrupt by now. Be strong our prayers are with you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Too much whisky sounds like the problem to me,all you do is stop but if you enjoy it carry on,Leslie West ,drunk got fat ,smoked,got diabetes, got ill they chopped his leg off but he still gets on the stage in his electric wheelchair and plays Mississippi queen,the question is can you live without your leg or is life not worth living if you can't have a smoke and a drink,everytime I go up the cancer hospital, patients sit outside puffing on their cigarettes, must be the stress of having cancer I guess.

Sorry no image available

finister carhaix area

Sorry no image available

yes i have that is were the problem starts from

Sorry no image available

i have but it about a month before the doctor at the hospital can see me

Sorry no image available

thanks